Another good article----

What To Use For Trout – What Are The Best Baits For Trout Fishing?

By tkugler at Thu, 2009-06-04 05:51 | |

There are many types of bait that can be used for trout fishing, both live and synthetic, but which ones are the best? In this article I will use my twenty plus years of trout fishing experience to answer this question. Although it is impossible to say which bait is the best, it is possible to list the trout baits that have always been productive for me. Then you can try them and determine which type of bait works best for you.
At the end of the day that is what the best bait for trout fishing (or any type of fishing) entails, the bait that works best for you. In any case if you want to know what to use for trout, any of the baits below will serve you well when fishing for the multi colored fish known as trout. If you don’t or haven’t used any of these baits for trout fishing, I suggest you add them to your repertoire sooner, rather than later.
  1. Spinners - Spinners are an effective bait to use for trout. As a general rule, you want to stick with small spinners. If you’re fishing for really large trout you can use really large spinners, but as a general rule use fairly small spinners when trout fishing. 1/16 to 3/8 ounce spinners are good sizes to start with. Have an assortment of sizes available, and experiment to find the most productive size for any given day. The same rule applies to the colors of the spinner. Experimentation is the key. Darker colors such as black and brown have always seemed like the most productive for me personally. I also prefer gold spinners. Some quality spinners are made by both Rooster Tail and Blue Fox.
  2. Salmon Eggs - Salmon eggs can be a great bait for trout fishing, especially in the spring of the year for Rainbow Trout. Most Rainbow trout spawn in the spring of the year, and eat each others eggs. This is a great time to use salmon eggs as bait. Rigging them on a set of gang hooks and allowing your eggs to flow naturally with the current of a river or stream is a great trout fishing tactic.
  3. Worms - Worms are an extremely good bait for trout fishing. Both live and synthetic worms (such as Berkley Power Worms) are very effective. As a matter of fact I’ve had situations where Power Worms are more effective than live worms. The most effective way to rig a worm is a set of gang hooks, and the most effective way to carry live worms while trout fishing is a JRW Bait Bag. The bait bag means that your worms are always at your fingertips, rather than in your fishing vest somewhere. This is a huge time saver. If you want to know what to use for trout fishing, worms are a great place to start.
As a said in the beginning of this article all of these baits are effective for trout fishing. Your job is to figure out which one is most effective for you and the area’s that you tend to fish for trout. I have all of the above baits in my fishing vest, so that I can switch from one to another as needed.

http://www.fishing.us/~fishing/node/955