Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P8100017a_520.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	7483.
    Nera (not a sister)
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Cool pics, man. I think up to 2 is ok for a guy, more than that and you have to break out the books with the Broadway show tunes. But if you have 2, and your wife has 2, that makes for a big family when ya get together. So that makes 5 in total that you and your wife have? How many litter boxes?

Mine is a himalayan, she's old and a little bit of a pita, but I got used to her bein around. I'll post some pics the next time I get a chance.

I've had dogs my whole life, and the cat thing seems a little wierd for a guy. The reason I like them is they're low maintenance. You can go away for 3 or 4 days, and not need someone to take care of em as long as you load up on the food and cat litter.

Monty, I think we might both know a guy who has a couple cats. He's a hetero dude, but he lives alone in Ocean Grove, with 2 cats, in a purple victorian, and is a hockey fanatic. I haven't seen him for awhile, but I can vouch that he's always on the hunt, and scores chicks big time. If ya didn't know him, those cats and the purple victorian would have ya wondering.

I think Mick might have some cats too, I remember a thread where he spent like $1000 or something like that, to save a family pet. Maybe he has some pics of his animals.

My daughter and her husband have 3 cats and 2 dogs. You can't go to their house if you are allergic to pet hair. Otherwise, it's a normal household, where the pets run the place.

cats are evil and have no conscience, if they were human sized I think they would be contract killers.

Not all. Evil. But agree on the no conscience issue.
    Lots of sleeping then running around for things to knock over. Wife named them:
    Dasha
    Dana
    Daria
    Danika

Quote Originally Posted by porgy75 View Post
    cats are evil and have no conscience, if they were human sized I think they would be contract killers.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Dasha
    Dana
    Daria
    Danika
    A stutterer's worst nightmare

Stripercoast Surfcasters Club
    Dedicated to Conservation

Not all. Evil. But agree on the no conscience issue.
    Lots of sleeping then running around for things to knock over. Wife named them:
    Dasha
    Dana
    Daria
    Danika
    I knew a girl named Daria in high school. Russian chick, she was a hottie.

Quote Originally Posted by VSdreams View Post
    I knew a girl named Daria in high school. Russian chick, she was a hottie.
    Got pics?
    I'm kinda neutral on cats. I was seeing a girl in college who had 4 of them. It wasn't that bad but she liked to sleep with them too. It's strange when you wake up in the morning and want to get busy and you are surrounded with felines. That, and let's say you want to have your breakfast dining at the Y. With all the cat hair in the bed, it made it a little unappetizing. But Monty, if you're happy, God bless. Do those cats sleep in the bed with you and your wife?

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    Got pics?
    It's strange when you wake up in the morning and want to get busy and you are surrounded with felines. That, and let's say you want to have your breakfast dining at the Y. With all the cat hair in the bed, it made it a little unappetizing.
    cat got (in) your tongue?:

I have one cat who is an American short hair. I swear she is human. She follows me around all day, sleeps in the covey holes on my desk. Drinks milk from a cup using her paw. Waits by the door for me to come home.

I got her from Dark about 3 years ago. She was about 4 or 5 weeks old. He found her in the middle of a busy street. I had to use a syringe to feed her and carried her around in my bathrobe pocket. I wasn't happy at first because my cat of 20 years had died the year before and I was kind of enjoying the no animal scene. Now I would never get rid of her. I'll have to post a picture.

BTW- I also have two Ball Boa's in my house (kept in the basement). I HATE SNAKES!

Pics of my cat finally! (I know they're not up yet, I'm downloading some pics now, will batch it all together.)

Name:	8-13-09 012.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	7489

Default How do you stop your girlfriend from spoiling the cat? What are the limits?

Hey Monty or anyone else, maybe ya's got some feedback for this scenario,
    This morning I went to feed her (our) cat. I took the wet food and mixed it with some dry she gave me. I took my finger to mix it around.

Pebbles yelled at me: "Don't do that it's not sanitary! Would you like someone to mix your food with their fingers? Don't you think the cat deserves the same courtesy?"

Cmon...
    give me

a

Frikkin break!

It's just a cat, for Pete's sake!

If the cat was living at my house, it would be eating standard Walmart cat food. If she didn't eat, she could starve for all I care. There was a show on TV about US pet owners. Apparently in 2006 there were something like 18 million cats as pets in the US. Probably a few million more by now.

I don't understand the fuss people put up over cats.
    They ain't nearly as fussy about their dogs, so what gives?

Pic of Skittles at Christmas:

Name:	Various 2010 222.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	47.6 KB 
ID:	13002

Cats are a nuisance.
    Kittens = good sharkbait.

Default dining at the y

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    Got pics?
    I was seeing a girl in college who had 4 of them. It wasn't that bad but she liked to sleep with them too. It's strange when you wake up in the morning and want to get busy and you are surrounded with felines. That, and let's say you want to have your breakfast dining at the Y. With all the cat hair in the bed, it made it a little unappetizing.
    Dude, I would rather get a case of cat scratch fever than deal with that hair while dining at the y.

Sorry Dark, can't help you with this one.
    One of our cats, Nera, the older one, wants to be "comforted" before she eats. Rubbed on her head. And she likes to eat from a spoon.
    Another, Daria, drinks with her paws.....so sometimes from a spoon.
    Two of her sisters also like to eat from a spoon at times.
    Their water is not tap water.
    I'm siding with Pebbles on this one...

Name:	cats1.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	13007

Their water is not tap water.
    so am I to assume you give them bottled water? Perrier? No offense but you cat people are a little intense, aren't ya's?
    Dark, take that cat, smuggle it out, and I got a friend in a Chinese restaurant who will give me 2 free meals for every cat I bring him.

Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedbass View Post
    Dude, I would rather get a case of cat scratch fever than deal with that hair while dining at the y.
    Eating there, ya might get cat scratch fever!

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    so am I to assume you give them bottled water? Perrier? No offense but you cat people
    They didn't like the bubbles..........
    Cat people ???

Name:	cats.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	13008

I told you darkskies. We need to baby our "babies". Kindness, love and devotion that's the way to go. Not sticking your finger in their food.

BTW if you come for dinner tonight, I made you something special:

Name:	1fingers2.jpg 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	13010

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles View Post
    I told you darkskies. We need to baby our "babies". Kindness, love and devotion that's the way to go. Not sticking your finger in their food.

BTW if you come for dinner tonight, I made you something special:

Name:	1fingers2.jpg 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	13010

Pebbles, I am not sure if Dark will be able to make it to dinner, I last heard he was going to kayak to the Cape May Rips this weekend. hahahahahahahahaha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast