Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Albie reports

surfrob you are correct. I think it was caught in ibsp.

Not to ruin your day but no was has spotted any offshore had dinner with 5 charter boat captains last night who run the canyon and they haven't seen any on the way in or out there is no life until 40 miles off. General consensus is these Bonita got pushed in when the hurricane passed. The mate on the big Jamaica told me they only had 12 Bonita which were bigger than the 2 pound blues. The Golden Eagle had small blues and a few Bonita. Going offshore Saturday for Bluefin I will report back.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

finchaser thought I would ask you since you fish from boat and surf. The party boats are getting into the pee wee blues more often now. I was wondering why they are not all over the surf area. Your thoughts? thanks

they are approx 6 miles out where there is a ton of bait so my guess would be no sense leaving food to find food

^^^^^what kind of bait is 6 miles out, and any idea why it won't come in closer? I'm asking because in Cape May area the beaches are relatively flat and shallow. So its understandable why the bait and fish often stay away from our surf. I have heard that the northern beaches are different and deeper. So whats stopping that bait from coming in? Thank you for your insite finchaser I have learned a lot from your posts.

squid ,mackerel ,butterfish ,and sardines

Sorry guys none spotted between beach and tuna grounds 52miles off

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Sorry guys none spotted between beach and tuna grounds 52miles off
    Screw the albies...any sashimi tonight?

yes sir

^^^^^^ what did you catch yellow or bluefin? What spread were you running?

Bluefin on bars

Thanks any size to them?

unde was 29" over was 85#

The Golden Eagle from Belmar sent this report out today. What they don't tell you is that these blues are tiny!!! Perfect size for the smoker.

July 31, 2014

The fishing for BLUES & BONITA remains anywhere from excellent to decent depending on the day. Some days you can catch all you want in an hour or two another days it takes all day. We have some BONITA mixed in everyday and lately we are also catching some very large MACKERAL.

All the BLUES & BONITA & ALBIE's are being caught on Hammer jigs, Croc's, Poppers & teasers in the day and on bait at night.

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    unde was 29" over was 85#
    nice!

Grumpy's Tackle in Seaside Park reports some little tunny were spotted Monday in the surf. If that's legitimate it could be an early year for them. I think they will only be seen in small groups at a time until sept though. you want one from the surf it will be like hitting the lottery. I may start looking for them this week. Keep my eye out for them as they are a lot of fun to catch.

^^^^^^yes please keep us posted!

First albie sighting yesterday very brief hauling a$$ down the beach didn't even have time to throw a cast.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Thanks for the heads up surfstix. A buddy of mine was fishing off of breezy point yesterday and they got some albies. He said it was too far out for the surf guys about 2 miles off. Hope they come in for september that would be fun.

This was in Al Riistori's blog

Allen Riley of South Plainfield passed along hopeful info from his friend John Mazzeo of that town as the latter fished Monmouth Beach this morning and saw little tunny jumping. Mazzeo cast everything he had to them without a hit, but did get some cocktail blues.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast