Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Albie reports

Yeah thats exactly where they were out to rattle snake and in about 1/2 mile off beach at times a pod was off Asbury too

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    Sunday am on the boat- I thought it was going to be a windy day skunkaroo but the winds weren't bad and albies saved the day, and there were a lot of them in N mon area mini surface blitzes and birds for hours, had to be hundreds.....maybe a few get into the surf line?

Good to hear. I have seen them in the surf beyond the last breaker. They have been quick moving and in small pods. Usually when I'm getting ready to leave the beach. I have tied on small metal without hardware and thus far have not had any luck. I have heard of a few caught from the sand. it's nice to hear someone is doing well. They are a treat to catch and full of energy.

seems like albies were up and down the jersey coast last weekend(10/18)... Sunday seemed to be the peak down in dixie, with even Monday those getting a shot. I couldn't run out until Wednesday and heard from a local charter boat they were about 4 miles off by then. I don't do "4 miles off"... so no go for me.

a fellow fly angler caught them off the beach at the SH rip area the week prior as well.

doubt we'll get any more shots this fall with the blow coming in today.

Yeah I heard that too but did not see any. Guess some are luckier than others. It's like catching greased lightning.

this was up nawth that week (not me nor my photo...):

I would love to see them in Cape May but unfortunately not unless you're on a boat.
    Here's the state record for PA congrats to a fellow PA angler!
    http://news.delaware.gov/2016/07/01/...lvania-angler/

that's 40 miles off shore
    They are with in 10 miles of beach in Manasquan

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

It's still a great catch to be proud of, no?

Thank you for the heads up finchaser.
    May give them a shot next weekend

Quote Originally Posted by surferman View Post
    It's still a great catch to be proud of, no?
    Yes sir just a tad out of our casting range

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Thanks for the advance info. I have a feeling they will be moving closer inshore this week. Chicken dolphin already around, albies can't be far behind.

Got 3 yesterday. 1 on metal, 2 on the teaser. They were in and out twice in a 15 minute period.

For anyone who can get out on a boat, now is prime time. We were out earlier in the week in between Shrewsbury rocks Monmouth Beach area and the Navy Pier. We were trolling small feathers and Clark spoons. Raised quite a few and they hit hard. most of ours were in the 5-pound range. 9 pounds is a nice one, but I did hear a friend of mine got one around 11 or 12 pounds so there are some big ones. The one glitch factor is these rains and storms which could kill it, as some of you have said. Good luck

Was next to a guy who got one on metal this morning. The rest of us were catching small cocktail blues. His was the only one I saw. Bite died after that. The table is definitely set!

Been chasing them for the last 2 weeks, not much luck. Yesterday they came in for a few minutes about an hour after sunrise. 2 were caught, then they vanished. Was out today, not a touch, building S wind. Thinking of making a trip up N. The albie action has been pretty spotty in NJ this year. At least for me, from the surf.

Crazy, 3-10 miles offshore they are roving around for a pretty decent bite. Must be all the dirty surf lately.

Finally got into a few of the ghosts. They were in and out. Yesterday 3-5pm. Got one about 6# dropped 2. Saw a few others caught. Sandy beach where they sometimes come in.

Got into a few more in the last couple days. They were getting a little bigger, got them up to 8 pounds. I have been trying to avoid the one place where everyone is lined up next to each other. It is a real sh*tshow. Been focusing around some inlets with limited success. Today they showed up off Seaside, but with all the time I spent chasing them lately I got to put in the time at work. Will be out later on looking. Good luck guys.

Thanks for the heads up. You really put your time in, congrats.

Seems like they took a while to get a bite on from the surf this year, but they are sticking around really late. Hope the weekend's storm doesn't push them too far off. Haven't got one yet, will be trying later in the week before the next storm.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415