Thread: The Cancer thread: Cancer, early warning signs, and detection

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by rip316 View Post
    Cardoc and I will be getting the Nicoderm patch to help aid in quitting. That is how I quit last time. I will be qutting really soon as in like this weekend. Thanks for the support.
    Good luck guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaky View Post
    It's kind of like raising kids I suppose. . I didn't like being smooshed, you know, when adults grab two handfuls of cheeks and twist and utter nonsense like "my Stevie moo" . Hell i didn't like being touched all that much to begin with and Iliked being mauled even less.
    I didn't like being smooshed either. My Aunt Dotty used to put both hands near your face, grab your cheeks and squeeze them whenever she came to visit, she terrorized us with that!

Hey this is from my buddy. He has 3 lumps on his back and when he heard of this then this is why he thinks he may have cancer

If you are a Former Marine, or know one that served aboard Camp Lejeaune from the mid 60's through the 80's There are major health issues caused by the drinking water aboard the base. Cancer. Google it. Pass the word. 67 confirmed cases of male breast cancer caused Mastectomies. Kidney, Pancreas, and liver are all related. I am going through the paperwork process to have some lumps looked at now. Semper Fi!

I think any one that served there in the corps should get themselves checked out for this. If you do a google search there is lots of info out there about this. What a shame
    Enjoy the Journey

Thanks for posting that, Doublerunner.

Candle for Cancer - sent in by Surfstix, thanks.

> Let's all Pray that within our life time THEY will find that cure!
    >
    >
    > In memory of our moms, dads, brothers and sisters, children,
    > friends and loved ones of whom there are so many and those
    > fighting cancer. For all the friends, family, loved ones, and
    > those we don't even know
    >
    >
    >
    > Friday is world cancer day - I'd appreciate it if you will
    > forward this request
    >
    >
    > 93% won't forward
    >
    > A small request.. Just one line.
    >
    > Dear God, I pray for a cure for cancer. Amen
    >
    >
    >
    > All you are asked to do is keep this circulating, even if it's
    > only to one more person.
    > In memory of anyone you know who has been struck down by cancer
    > or is still living with it.
    >
    > A Candle Loses Nothing by Lighting Another Candle..
    >
    > Please Keep This Candle Going >
    >
    >
    >
    > Let's all Pray that within our life time THEY will find that cure!
    >
    >
    > In memory of our moms, dads, brothers and sisters, children,
    > friends and loved ones of whom there are so many and those
    > fighting cancer. For all the friends, family, loved ones, and
    > those we don't even know
    >

Today was my 6th day without a smoke. Cardoc is right there with me. My daughter is very proud of me because I don't smell like an ashtray.

I hope you guys are still doing ok with your giving up cigarettes. We recently came back from Jamestown where it seems there was a high % of smokers. Sad to see this.

They're trying to raise awareness with posters aimed at high school kids, which I thought was a positive step.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP2870.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	24.9 KB 
ID:	13959

Edit...I just went back and re-read this thread. Wow.... some deep stuff you guys and gals have posted on here.

Also wanted to thank Pebbles, Mick, Shaky, Doublerunner and others for the compelling posts they shared with us.

Thought I would re-post some of what Shaky said. These words will have instant meaning to you if you ever get cancer, and I hope they can offer some comfort. Deepest thanks, people.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaky View Post
    The first doctor talked to me as if the glass was half empty, the second as if it was half full. The second sounded a little more positive and that gave me Hope I guess hope is where that positive attitude that everyone talks about comes from.

I'd say the one thing I could offer people who may have to deal with colorectal cancer is Hope. I

t'll be seven years in March. As far as dealing with it, humor worked for me and much of it was far from PC. That's just my personality. Didn't want any sympathy and I don't give it. Whenever I heard the words "sorry to hear that" i'd usually reply "why". Really ****s people up when you say that I always tell people to laugh. When you laugh you feel better than when you cry and that's what it's all about.
    cheers
    steve

The level of detail and telling us what you felt and what was going through your minds is invaluable.
    Having gone through it yourselves, you who shared your experiences really opened the eyes of the reader. I thank you all for taking the time to share those personal battles with death, that you fought, and won (I know, I know, so far...)

So keep up the good work and attitudes!

Good thread, Dark. Great to hear Shaky's story. I know what he means about attention in hospital beds. A couple of drain tubes coming out of your body, IV's in and the constant racket of the machines are enough to drive you crazy. The A-hole that woke me out of a deep sleep to ask, "So, how are you REALLY feeling?" got an earful!

Default Some information on cancer

This was e-mailed to me by my nephew.

Subject: Cancer treatment is about making money...provoking thoughts
    I posted this article, which may have some provoking thoughts:

The below is absolutely 100% true and as a doctor I have been telling people this for 15 years now. No one wants to listen. Folks need to wake up. Cancer treatment is about making money. It is a 120 billion dollar a year industry in the United States alone and estimated to be a 600 billion dollar a year industry worldwide.

A successful cancer case according to the American Cancer Society and the American College of Oncology and Hematology means that the person survives for 5 years. Both the American Cancer Society and the American College of Oncology and Hematology admit that a person is likely to survive cancer for 7 to 10 years even if they do absolutely NOTHING. Of course, only the doctors get those magazines - not you, the cancer patient.

Alternative medicine's track record of curing cancer is 10 times higher than that of conventional medicine. Note that I say CURE.

Remember another thing.
    A TUMOR is just a symptom. It is not the cause of cancer.

Science is cause and effect. Remove the cause and the effect disappears.

I am in my third battle with cancer right now. I have not done any chemotherapy or radiation or surgery for any of my bouts with cancer. I survived leukemia, I survived Non Hodgkins Lymphoma and now I have Glioblastoma which is supposedly an incurable form of brain cancer. I was given two months to live 5 months ago.

I have been
    using Chinese herbs, high doses of vitamin C, acupuncture, chiropractic, homeopathy and nutritional changes. Yes, at first it got worse. It had metastasized to my lymph nodes, my lungs and my bones. As of this week, I am happy to say that there is no evidence now of any cancer in my lymph system or my bones. I had 6 tumors in my lungs, now there are only two. The tumors in my brain have shrunken tremendously. I never did any of their chemo, radiation or surgery.

Here is a very interesting statistic that you can only have access to by being a doctor.
    Every year more than 1,000 doctors oncologists (cancer doctors) are diagnosed with cancer. Less than 10% of them choose to do the treatment that they have been giving to their patients. Sort of like the fact that less than 25% of all pediatricians vaccinate their own children because of the fact that the risk of sudden death or serious side effects from the vaccination is higher than the risk of catching the disease one is being vaccinated for. This is not ******** people - it is truth.

Medicine is about money, not about your health and the system traps people, especially the elderly, disabled and poor into a deadly treatment regime that puts them in an early grave. Meanwhile, all the jet set billionaires are flying off to Europe and paying big bucks for alternative treatments and getting cured.

Does alternative medicine work all the time? No. Of course not. Nothing works all the time. But there is a reason for that. You don't die until it's your time to die. Nothing can make you live longer than that time.

However quality of life comes into play. Those cancer patients who use
    alternative therapies for their cancer, yet still die from the illness, suffer a much higher quality of life. They die able to spend time with their families and even recognize their family members. They don't become emaciated like those who do chemotherapy or radiation do and rarely is a person who goes under the treatment of chemotherapy able to recognize anyone for the last few days of their lives. Their bodies become ravaged to the point that you can't even recognize them either. They suffer at a much much higher rate and they have one let down after another as doctors tell them, ahhh - it's looking good, only to tell them on the next visit it's looking worse, you need more chemo and radiation.

What is criminal about this is that YOUR DOCTORS KNOW THIS ****.

I took an oath as a physician. I have always followed it. That has certainly not made me successful financially as a doctor because I have consistently refused to go along with conventional medicine's ********.

Read the below carefully. It may indeed make a difference in your life.

Rick Cantrell, PhD, MD, PsyD