Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Cancer thread: Cancer, early warning signs, and detection

Quote Originally Posted by Shaky View Post

From a patients perspective, I'm not dead yet, stop acting like you're at a funeral or a wake. If I need help and you're a good friend I'll probably ask for it. Don't feed me some bs like "if I need anything call" if you don't mean it. As I said before i always hated hearing the words "sorry to hear that".
    Quote Originally Posted by seamonkey View Post
    That's the first thing I usually say when I know someone is in trouble. Thanks for straightening those issues out. I would never have known that.
    Look, I march to a slightly different beat. Some people like being stroked and coddled. I'm not one of them. I let my sister in law cook for me while i was getting my treatments. All her kids were away at school so i think it did her more good than it did me. She needed someone to take care of and staying with them was convenient for me as the clinics were right around the corner. Six weeks of that and we got to know each other a little better. just kidding

My mother wanted to help. I stayed with her a week and went nuts. She meant well, but she doesn't understand the meaning of the word no. No, I'm not hungry. No I don't want any more food. Please don't hover over me, etc. I don't want to sound like an ingrate, but i just can't handle the constant attention.

As far as the help, i've been let down in the past. I seldom ask anyone for help, so if you tell me you'll be there, don't be shining me on. A few acquaintances offered help, I called on one or two and they were there when i needed them.

As far as the "sorry to hear that" I suppose it's the right thing to say, but it just bugs the hell out of me

Thank you for the advice Shaky. That really helps. God bless you
    Enjoy the Journey

Default Shaky's swordfish story

Post #35 in the Angler/Story of the month thread.
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...-Contest/page4

I thought this thead could use some humor, don't think Shaky will mind.

Spring of 1987 saw us setting our gear off the coast of Florida for swordfish. We were hauling back our third set if I remember correctly and we were having a pretty decent trip. Had about three thousand pounds in the hole for the first two sets and the third looked promising as well.

Captain was bringing in a live fish and Jay, the butcher, was waiting with the gaff. He gaffed the fish cleanly and I reached over the side and stuck the meat hook in the eye socket and gained control of the fish by grabbing his bill with my left hand. Looked to be a nice fat double.

We started hauling the fish over the side when we got broadsided by a good sized wave. The boat shook and heeled over. I lost my footing and as i started to head over the railing i let go of the fish’s bill and grabbed for the railing to keep myself from going over the side.

I had a handle on the fish as the meat hook was still stuck in his eye and in hindsight this was a huge mistake. What happened next took only a split second, but seemed like an eternity, as i grabbed the railing the fish thrashed and caught me in the belly slashing upwards. I pushed myself away and I let go of the meat hook. I looked down only to see a huge gash in my belly.

I grabbed my insides and hit the deck, the rest is a blur as I went into shock. Jay put out a mayday over the radio and John the skipper, an ex Viet Nam combat vet and medic tended to my wound. Lucky for me John was a universal blood donor and he set up make shift IV as I was losing a lot of blood. Doctors say he probably saved my life.

I was airlifted of the boat and hospitalized for a few weeks as a result of infection, nasty critters those swordfish are and the injury put an abrupt end to my longlining. I try to forget about it but the scar is a constant reminder of the dangers at sea.

Even though he embellished, (he PMed me when he wrote it and told me the truth). I think it's a great story anyway.

Cardoc and I will be getting the Nicoderm patch to help aid in quitting. That is how I quit last time. Smoked for 15 years, used the patch and I quit like nothing. No edginess, no withdrawls. Worked wonders. About 6 monthe ago I had some stuff going on and got really stressed out after about 8 years of quitting and I started again. I will be qutting really soon as in like this weekend. Thanks for the support.

Quote Originally Posted by Doublerunner View Post
    Thank you for the advice Shaky. That really helps. God bless you
    You really just want to treat people the way you'd like to be treated. If you've never been really sick it can be tough to figure out. I think people tend to internalize when they get cancer because they don't wanted to be treated any differently. Just a little understanding or compassion on the bad days can go a long way. If i felt like crap I pretty much made myself inaccessible to people, usually slept it off. The rest of the time I was cool and if I was just down in the dumps I welcomed calls from friends, so long as the didn't get all sappy on me.

It's kind of like raising kids I suppose. My mom mentioned to me a few months back that one of my aunts never could understand why i didn't warm up to her. I said that's easy to answer. I didn't like being smooshed, you know, when adults grab two handfuls of cheeks and twist and utter nonsense like "my Stevie moo" . Hell i didn't like being touched all that much to begin with and Iliked being mauled even less. Nobody could possibly like that and if as an adult you thought back to your childhood, you probably wouldn't do stuff like that if you wanted to endear yourself to said child. Same goes for patients.

What does it mean. If I'm lying in a hospital bed hooked up to IVs, drain tubes and monitors, don't come over and try petting or stroking me, I'm liable to bite your damn hand off Just pretend all that stuff isn't there.

What does it mean. If I'm lying in a hospital bed hooked up to IVs, drain tubes and monitors, don't come over and try petting or stroking me, I'm liable to bite your damn hand off Just pretend all that stuff isn't there.
    Somehow I wouldn't have that impulse if I met ya either in the hospital room or the street, Shaky. Ya kinda remind me of a caged pit bull at times with the animation and ferocity of your stories. Or a retired prizefighter. You were downright scary the first time I met ya! Just kidding, bro!

Quote Originally Posted by rip316 View Post
    Cardoc and I will be getting the Nicoderm patch to help aid in quitting. That is how I quit last time. I will be qutting really soon as in like this weekend. Thanks for the support.
    Good luck guys!

It's kind of like raising kids I suppose. . I didn't like being smooshed, you know, when adults grab two handfuls of cheeks and twist and utter nonsense like "my Stevie moo" . Hell i didn't like being touched all that much to begin with and Iliked being mauled even less.
    I didn't like being smooshed either. My Aunt Dotty used to put both hands near your face, grab your cheeks and squeeze them whenever she came to visit, she terrorized us with that!

Hey this is from my buddy. He has 3 lumps on his back and when he heard of this then this is why he thinks he may have cancer

If you are a Former Marine, or know one that served aboard Camp Lejeaune from the mid 60's through the 80's There are major health issues caused by the drinking water aboard the base. Cancer. Google it. Pass the word. 67 confirmed cases of male breast cancer caused Mastectomies. Kidney, Pancreas, and liver are all related. I am going through the paperwork process to have some lumps looked at now. Semper Fi!

I think any one that served there in the corps should get themselves checked out for this. If you do a google search there is lots of info out there about this. What a shame
    Enjoy the Journey

Thanks for posting that, Doublerunner.

Candle for Cancer - sent in by Surfstix, thanks.

> Let's all Pray that within our life time THEY will find that cure!
    >
    >
    > In memory of our moms, dads, brothers and sisters, children,
    > friends and loved ones of whom there are so many and those
    > fighting cancer. For all the friends, family, loved ones, and
    > those we don't even know
    >
    >
    >
    > Friday is world cancer day - I'd appreciate it if you will
    > forward this request
    >
    >
    > 93% won't forward
    >
    > A small request.. Just one line.
    >
    > Dear God, I pray for a cure for cancer. Amen
    >
    >
    >
    > All you are asked to do is keep this circulating, even if it's
    > only to one more person.
    > In memory of anyone you know who has been struck down by cancer
    > or is still living with it.
    >
    > A Candle Loses Nothing by Lighting Another Candle..
    >
    > Please Keep This Candle Going >
    >
    >
    >
    > Let's all Pray that within our life time THEY will find that cure!
    >
    >
    > In memory of our moms, dads, brothers and sisters, children,
    > friends and loved ones of whom there are so many and those
    > fighting cancer. For all the friends, family, loved ones, and
    > those we don't even know
    >

Today was my 6th day without a smoke. Cardoc is right there with me. My daughter is very proud of me because I don't smell like an ashtray.

I hope you guys are still doing ok with your giving up cigarettes. We recently came back from Jamestown where it seems there was a high % of smokers. Sad to see this.

They're trying to raise awareness with posters aimed at high school kids, which I thought was a positive step.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP2870.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	24.9 KB 
ID:	13959

Edit...I just went back and re-read this thread. Wow.... some deep stuff you guys and gals have posted on here.

Also wanted to thank Pebbles, Mick, Shaky, Doublerunner and others for the compelling posts they shared with us.

Thought I would re-post some of what Shaky said. These words will have instant meaning to you if you ever get cancer, and I hope they can offer some comfort. Deepest thanks, people.

The first doctor talked to me as if the glass was half empty, the second as if it was half full. The second sounded a little more positive and that gave me Hope I guess hope is where that positive attitude that everyone talks about comes from.

I'd say the one thing I could offer people who may have to deal with colorectal cancer is Hope. I

t'll be seven years in March. As far as dealing with it, humor worked for me and much of it was far from PC. That's just my personality. Didn't want any sympathy and I don't give it. Whenever I heard the words "sorry to hear that" i'd usually reply "why". Really ****s people up when you say that I always tell people to laugh. When you laugh you feel better than when you cry and that's what it's all about.
    cheers
    steve

The level of detail and telling us what you felt and what was going through your minds is invaluable.
    Having gone through it yourselves, you who shared your experiences really opened the eyes of the reader. I thank you all for taking the time to share those personal battles with death, that you fought, and won (I know, I know, so far...)

So keep up the good work and attitudes!

Good thread, Dark. Great to hear Shaky's story. I know what he means about attention in hospital beds. A couple of drain tubes coming out of your body, IV's in and the constant racket of the machines are enough to drive you crazy. The A-hole that woke me out of a deep sleep to ask, "So, how are you REALLY feeling?" got an earful!

Default Some information on cancer

This was e-mailed to me by my nephew.

Subject: Cancer treatment is about making money...provoking thoughts
    I posted this article, which may have some provoking thoughts:

The below is absolutely 100% true and as a doctor I have been telling people this for 15 years now. No one wants to listen. Folks need to wake up. Cancer treatment is about making money. It is a 120 billion dollar a year industry in the United States alone and estimated to be a 600 billion dollar a year industry worldwide.

A successful cancer case according to the American Cancer Society and the American College of Oncology and Hematology means that the person survives for 5 years. Both the American Cancer Society and the American College of Oncology and Hematology admit that a person is likely to survive cancer for 7 to 10 years even if they do absolutely NOTHING. Of course, only the doctors get those magazines - not you, the cancer patient.

Alternative medicine's track record of curing cancer is 10 times higher than that of conventional medicine. Note that I say CURE.

Remember another thing.
    A TUMOR is just a symptom. It is not the cause of cancer.

Science is cause and effect. Remove the cause and the effect disappears.

I am in my third battle with cancer right now. I have not done any chemotherapy or radiation or surgery for any of my bouts with cancer. I survived leukemia, I survived Non Hodgkins Lymphoma and now I have Glioblastoma which is supposedly an incurable form of brain cancer. I was given two months to live 5 months ago.

I have been
    using Chinese herbs, high doses of vitamin C, acupuncture, chiropractic, homeopathy and nutritional changes. Yes, at first it got worse. It had metastasized to my lymph nodes, my lungs and my bones. As of this week, I am happy to say that there is no evidence now of any cancer in my lymph system or my bones. I had 6 tumors in my lungs, now there are only two. The tumors in my brain have shrunken tremendously. I never did any of their chemo, radiation or surgery.

Here is a very interesting statistic that you can only have access to by being a doctor.
    Every year more than 1,000 doctors oncologists (cancer doctors) are diagnosed with cancer. Less than 10% of them choose to do the treatment that they have been giving to their patients. Sort of like the fact that less than 25% of all pediatricians vaccinate their own children because of the fact that the risk of sudden death or serious side effects from the vaccination is higher than the risk of catching the disease one is being vaccinated for. This is not ******** people - it is truth.

Medicine is about money, not about your health and the system traps people, especially the elderly, disabled and poor into a deadly treatment regime that puts them in an early grave. Meanwhile, all the jet set billionaires are flying off to Europe and paying big bucks for alternative treatments and getting cured.

Does alternative medicine work all the time? No. Of course not. Nothing works all the time. But there is a reason for that. You don't die until it's your time to die. Nothing can make you live longer than that time.

However quality of life comes into play. Those cancer patients who use
    alternative therapies for their cancer, yet still die from the illness, suffer a much higher quality of life. They die able to spend time with their families and even recognize their family members. They don't become emaciated like those who do chemotherapy or radiation do and rarely is a person who goes under the treatment of chemotherapy able to recognize anyone for the last few days of their lives. Their bodies become ravaged to the point that you can't even recognize them either. They suffer at a much much higher rate and they have one let down after another as doctors tell them, ahhh - it's looking good, only to tell them on the next visit it's looking worse, you need more chemo and radiation.

What is criminal about this is that YOUR DOCTORS KNOW THIS ****.

I took an oath as a physician. I have always followed it. That has certainly not made me successful financially as a doctor because I have consistently refused to go along with conventional medicine's ********.

Read the below carefully. It may indeed make a difference in your life.

Rick Cantrell, PhD, MD, PsyD

AFTER YEARS OF TELLING PEOPLE CHEMOTHERAPY IS THE ONLY WAY TO TRY ('TRY', BEING THE KEY WORD) TO ELIMINATE CANCER, JOHNS HOPKINS IS FINALLY STARTING TO TELL YOU THERE IS AN ALTERNATIVE WAY .

Cancer Update from Johns Hopkins :

Every person has cancer cells in the body. These cancer
    cells do not show up in the standard tests until they have
    multiplied to a few billion. When doctors tell cancer patients
    that there are no more cancer cells in their bodies after
    treatment, it just means the tests are unable to detect the
    cancer cells because they have not reached the detectable
    size.

2. Cancer cells occur between 6 to more than 10 times in a
    person's lifetime.

3. When the
    person's immune system is strong the cancer
    cells will be
    destroyed and prevented from multiplying and
    forming tumors.

4. When a person has cancer it
    indicates the person has
    nutritional deficiencies. These could be due to genetic,
    but also to environmental, food and lifestyle factors.

5. To overcome the multiple nutritional deficiencies, changing
    diet to eat more adequately and healthy, 4-5 times/day
    and by including supplements will strengthen the immune
    system.

Chemotherapy involves poisoning the rapidly-growing
    cancer cells and also
    destroys rapidly-growing healthy cells
    in the bone marrow, gastrointestinal tract etc, and can
    cause organ damage, like liver, kidneys, heart, lungs etc.

7.. Radiation while
    destroying cancer cells also burns, scars
    and damages healthy cells, tissues and organs.

8. Initial treatment with chemotherapy and radiation will often
    reduce tumor size. However
    prolonged use of
    chemotherapy and radiation do not result in more tumor
    destruction.

9. When the body has
    too much toxic burden from
    chemotherapy and radiation the immune system is either
    compromised or destroyed,
    hence the person can succumb
    to various kinds of infections and complications.

10. Chemotherapy and radiation can
    cause cancer cells to
    mutate and become resistant and difficult to destroy.

Surgery can also cause cancer cells to spread to other
    sites.

11. An effective way to battle cancer is to starve the cancer
    cells by not feeding it with the foods it needs to multiply.

*CANCER CELLS FEED ON:-

a. Sugar substitutes like NutraSweet, Equal, Spoonful, etc are
    made with Aspartame and it is harmful. A better natural
    substitute would be
    Manuka honey or molasses , but only in
    very small amounts. Table salt has a chemical added to make
    it white in color Better alternative
    is Bragg's aminos or sea
    salt.

B. Milk causes the body to produce mucus, especially in the
    gastro-intestinal tract. Cancer feeds on mucus. By cutting
    off milk and substituting with
    unsweetened soy milk cancer
    cells are being starved.

c. Cancer cells thrive in an
    acid environment. A meat-based
    diet is acidic and it is best to eat fish, and a little other
    meat, like chicken. Meat also contains livestock
    antibiotics, growth hormones and parasites, which are all
    harmful, especially to people with cancer.

d. A diet made of 80% fresh vegetables and juice, whole
    grains, seeds, nuts and a little fruits help put the body into
    an alkaline environment. About 20% can be from cooked
    food including beans. Fresh vegetable juices provide live
    enzymes that are easily absorbed and reach down to
    cellular levels within 15 minutes to nourish and enhance
    growth of healthy cells. To obtain live enzymes for building
    healthy cells try and drink fresh vegetable juice (most
    vegetables including bean sprouts) and eat some raw
    vegetables 2 or 3 times a day. Enzymes are destroyed at
    temperatures of 104 degrees F (40 degrees C)..

e. Avoid coffee, tea, and chocolate, which have high
    caffeine Green tea is a better alternative and has cancer
    fighting properties. Water-best to drink purified water, or
    filtered, to avoid known toxins and heavy metals in tap
    water. Distilled water is acidic, avoid it.

12. Meat protein is difficult to digest and requires a lot of
    digestive enzymes. Undigested meat remaining in the
    intestines becomes putrefied and leads to more toxic
    buildup.

13. Cancer cell walls have a tough protein covering.
    By
    refraining from or eating less meat it frees more

enzymesto attack the protein walls of cancer cells and
    allows the body's killer cells to destroy the cancer cells.

14. Some supplements build up the immune system
    (IP6, Flor-ssence, Essiac, anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals,
    EFAs etc.) to enable the bodies own killer cells to destroy
    cancer cells.. Other supplements like vitamin E are known
    to cause apoptosis, or programmed cell death, the body's
    normal method of disposing of damaged, unwanted, or
    unneeded cells.

15. Cancer is a disease of the mind, body, and spirit.
    A proactive and positive spirit will help the cancer warrior
    be a survivor. Anger, un-forgiveness and bitterness put
    the body into a stressful and acidic environment. Learn to
    have a loving and forgiving spirit. Learn to relax and enjoy
    life.

16. Cancer cells cannot thrive in an oxygenated
    environment. Exercising daily, and
    deep breathing helpto
    get more oxygen down to the cellular level. Oxygen
    therapy is another means employed to destroy cancer
    cells.

1. No plastic containers in micro.

2. No water bottles in freezer.

3. No plastic wrap in microwave..

Johns Hopkins has recently sent this out in its newsletters. This information is being circulated at Walter Reed Army Medical Center as well. Dioxin chemicals cause cancer, especially breast cancer. Dioxins are highly poisonous to the cells of our bodies. Don't freeze your plastic bottles with water in them as this releases dioxins from the plastic. Recently, Dr Edward Fujimoto, Wellness Program Manager at Castle Hospital , was on a TV program to explain this health hazard. He talked about dioxins and how bad they are for us. He said that we should not be heating our food in the microwave using plastic containers. This especially applies to foods that contain fat. He said that the combination of fat, high heat, and plastics releases dioxin into the food and ultimately into the cells of the body. Instead, he recommends using glass, such as Corning Ware, Pyrex or ceramic containers for heating food. You get the same results, only without the dioxin. So such things as TV dinners, instant ramen and soups, etc., should be removed from the container and heated in something else. Paper isn't bad but you don't know what is in the paper. It's just safer to use tempered glass, Corning Ware, etc. He reminded us that a while ago some of the fast food restaurants moved away from the foam containers to paper The dioxin problem is one of the reasons.

Please share this with your whole email list.........................

Also, he pointed out that plastic wrap, such as Saran, is just as dangerous when placed over foods to be cooked in the microwave. As the food is nuked, the high heat causes poisonous toxins to actually melt out of the plastic wrap and drip into the food.
    Cover food with a paper towel instead.

This is an article that should be sent to anyone important in your life.

Default Because of Love...

Thanks for posting that Clamchucker, very informative.

Here's something sent by JimmyZ...I got choked up a little when I read it....and at the end is a good message about fighting cancer and not giving up...thanks Jimmy!

Because of Love
    (Please read all the way to the end)

A brother and sister had made their usual hurried, obligatory pre-Christmas visit to the little farm where dwelt their elderly parents with their small herd of horses. The farm was where they had grown up and had been named Lone Pine Farm because of the huge pine, which topped the hill behind the farm. Through the years the tree had become a talisman to the old man and his wife, and a landmark in the countryside. The young siblings had fond memories of their childhood here, but the city hustle and bustle added more excitement to their lives, and called them away to a different life.

The old folks no longer showed their horses, for the years had taken their toll, and getting out to the barn on those frosty mornings was getting harder, but it gave them a reason to get up in the mornings and a reason to live. They sold a few foals each year, and the horses were their reason for joy in the morning and contentment at day's end.

Angry, as they prepared to leave, the young couple confronted the old folks "Why do you not at least dispose of 'The Old One'. She is no longer of use to you. It's been years since you've had foals from her. You should cut corners and save so you can have more for yourselves. How can this old worn out horse bring you anything but expense and work? Why do you keep her anyway?"

The old man looked down at his worn boots, holes in the toes, scuffed at the barn floor and replied, " Yes, I could use a pair of new boots".

His arm slid defensively about the Old One's neck as he drew her near with gentle caressing he rubbed her softly behind her ears. He replied softly, "We keep her because of love. Nothing else, just love."

Baffled and irritated, the young folks wished the old man and his wife a Merry Christmas and headed back toward the city as darkness stole through the valley.

The old couple shook their heads in sorrow that it had not been a happy visit. A tear fell upon their cheeks. How is it that these young folks do not understand the peace of the love that filled their hearts?

So it was, that because of the unhappy leave-taking, no one noticed the insulation smoldering on the frayed wires in the old barn. None saw the first spark fall. None but the "Old One".

In a matter of minutes, the whole barn was ablaze and the hungry flames were licking at the loft full of hay. With a cry of horror and despair, the old man shouted to his wife to call for help as he raced to the barn to save their beloved horses. But the flames were roaring now, and the blazing heat drove him back. He sank sobbing to the ground, helpless before the fire's fury. His wife back from calling for help cradled him in her arms, clinging to each other, they wept at their loss.

By the time the fire department arrived, only smoking, glowing ruins were left, and the old man and his wife, exhausted from their grief, huddled together before the barn. They were speechless as they rose from the cold snow covered ground. They nodded thanks to the firemen as there was nothing anyone could do now. The old man turned to his wife, resting her white head upon his shoulders as his shaking old hands clumsily dried her tears with a frayed red bandana. Brokenly he whispered, "We have lost much, but God has spared our home on this eve of Christmas. Let us gather strength and climb the hill to the old pine where we have sought comfort in times of despair. We will look down upon our home and give thanks to God that it has been spared and pray for our beloved most precious gifts that have been taken from us.

And so, he took her by the hand and slowly helped her up the snowy hill as he brushed aside his own tears with the back of his old and withered hand.

The journey up the hill was hard for their old bodies in the steep snow. As they stepped over the little knoll at the crest of the hill, they paused to rest, looking up to the top of the hill the old couple gasped and fell to their knees in amazement at the incredible beauty before them.

Seemingly, every glorious, brilliant star in the heavens was caught up in the glittering, snow-frosted branches of their beloved pine, and it was aglow with heavenly candles. And poised on its top most bough, a crystal crescent moon glistened like spun glass. Never had a mere mortal created a Christmas tree such as this. They were breathless as the old man held his wife tighter in his arms.

Suddenly, the old man gave a cry of wonder and incredible joy. Amazed and mystified, he took his wife by the hand and pulled her forward. There, beneath the tree, in resplendent glory, a mist hovering over and glowing in the darkness was their Christmas gift. Shadows glistening in the night light.

Bedded down about the "Old one" close to the trunk of the tree, was the entire herd, safe.

At the first hint of smoke, she had pushed the door ajar with her muzzle and had led the horses through it. Slowly and with great dignity, never looking back, she had led them up the hill, stepping cautiously through the snow. The foals were frightened and dashed about. The skittish yearlings looked back at the crackling, hungry flames, and tucked their tails under them as they licked their lips and hopped like rabbits. The mares that were in foal with a new years crop of babies, pressed uneasily against the "Old One" as she moved calmly up the hill and to safety beneath the pine. And now she lay among them and gazed at the faces of the old man and his wife.

Those she loved she had not disappointed. Her body was brittle with years, tired from the climb, but the golden eyes were filled with devotion as she offered her gift-- Because of love. Only Because of love.

Tears flowed as the old couple shouted their praise and joy... And again the peace of love filled their hearts.

This is a true story.

Willy Eagle

This is an Inspirational message sent to a small group of people. My hope is that it will make your day just a little bit better.

Please keep reading A small request !

Cancer is a strange cell. Going along for years in remission and then one day it pops its head up again. Pray for the day there will be a permanent cure.

A SMALL REQUEST... 93% won't forward, but I'm Sure You Will........
    A small request....Just one line

Dear God, I pray for the cure of cancer and peace for the families ravaged by it. In Jesus name, Amen

All you are asked to do is keep this circulating. Even if it's only to one more person. In memory of anyone you know who has been struck down by cancer
    or is still living with it.

Default Re: The Cancer thread: Cancer, early warning signs, and detection

A co-worker recently survived breast cancer and asked me to forward this e-mail. Thought I would post here also.

WATERMELON AND EGGS FOR CANCER

You'll love the watermelons,
    but you'll be blown away by the eggs!

These egg shellswere cut with a high intensity precision Laser Beam. This gives a very good idea of what can be achieved with a Laser Beam. This gives you an idea what laser surgery performed on one's eye is all about. Is it any wonder how one's vision can be improved in just a few moments? Science is sometimes wonderful, and it's still on the frontier of gaining new knowledge. Incredible what can be done with an eggshell and a laser beam.

'A true friend is someone who knows you're
    a good egg even if you're a little cracked.'

I hope for the cure of cancer

All you are asked to do is keep this
    circulating, even if it's to one moreperson.

In honor of anyone you know that has been struck down by cancer or is still living with it.

Some of our members are trying to quit smoking, Thought I would bring this thread to the top and thanks for all the contributions.

Pebbles' Mom sent me this, feel free to pass it or this thread on, to your loved ones......

CHEMO DAY REQUEST

Some will say you will pray because it is a nice thing to say or it is politically correct. Then there are those of you who will get down on your knees and really do it. I'm sending this to some who will. This prayer means so much so please say the prayer for everyone and pass it on. Cancer is a strange cell. If you ever have it, you will never be free of it. If you never had it, don't feel too cozy, you can get it. Pray for the day there will be a permanent cure. A SMALL REQUEST...
    93% won't forward, but I'm Sure You Will.

A small request.....Just one line

Dear God,
    I pray that You will guide someone to find a cure for cancer in 2014 ..... Amen All you are asked to do is keep this circulating, Even if it's only to one more person. In memory of anyone you know who has been struck down by cancer or is still living with it.
    A Candle Loses Nothing by Lighting Another Candle

Time to re-visit this thread again.......
    Speedy quit smoking......now he's just a vape-head...
    Just kidding.....we're proud of ya that you aren't putting smoke in your lungs any more........

Smoking and Cancer ...is something where there is a definable, causative effect......so if any of ya's are thinking of giving it up.....this thread has lots of helpful hints and suggestions......
    I recently started running into an old fishing mentor of mine.....
    He smokes a pack a day....
    I have no control over what he does,. and doesn't do....
    He's not an internet guy...he'll never see this thread......
    But some others may see it...and decide to make their own decisions to change.......

If we can help ya's in any way here....either online or by contacting me privately.....we'll be glad to....
    It's now easier than ever.....
    The patch...nicotine gum....etc.....

Good luck to those who decide to quit......

You can do it....if you try.....
    And you'll be around longer for your family and loved ones....

^^^^^^^^This is true. My 35 year old nephew died from lung cancer. Smoked one and a half packs per day. He left behind his wife and 2 children. Read the warning on the cigarette pack. Smoking causes cancer. It's ashame some think it will only happen to some one else. If it were not for smoking he would be here today.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast