Thread: Fishing rod for kayak

Default Fishing rod for kayak

a friend of mine moved a gave me one of his older kayaks. I would like to try some fishing with it. What is the best type of rod to use when kayaking?

I like a 7 to 8 foot medium - medium heavy action rod with a short ***,,, I mean butt. The St. Croix Tidemaster is a nice choice if you cut the butt down a bit.

Wow... tight censorship here
    Can't even say a$$??
    Last edited by JakeF; 08-21-2009 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Addition....

Stripercoast Surfcasters Club
    Dedicated to Conservation

Quote Originally Posted by JakeF View Post
    Wow... tight censorship here
    Can't even say a$$??

Jake, you and I both know that on the biggest sites out there, the draw is drama. Sure they are fantastic resources for the latest techniques and gear comparisons, you can't take that away from them.

By size and sheer membership numbers alone it's logical that they should be of huge help when you need a quick answer on any technical question, and you need it in an internet millisecond.

The other side of that is that some of the largest sites have become so chock full of internet drama that they become less attractive to visit when you see people trying to trump each other.

I don't know about you, but I kind of got turned off by that stuff, and still am, as people send me links to these drama fests every day.

I just don't have time for that crap here, and wont let it go on and on to boost my ratings, as some others might be inclined to do.

So part of that is censoring almost any word that could offend someone or cause an internet fight.

I'm not one who is too big into the "PC" side of discussions, but I thought I would make it more difficult for people to insult people here and be internet tough guys. I hope people would treat each other here respectfully like they would treat them if they met them in the real world, and talk to them the same way.

That doesn't have to stop us from respectfully insulting each other, it just forces us to be a little more creative. For example, I seem to trade insults with Frankiesurf and a select one or 2 others, but we know it's all good, and no loaded or offensive words are used.

I'm not responsible for the behavior of others out there, I know that. But as I get more and more into running this site, I feel there are standards moderators or admins should try to hold themselves to, and part of that is not allowing people to attack each other for the benefit of increased internet views.

Hope that was clear, and spurs more creativity on your part. After meeting you personally, I know you could probably insult someone in 3 different ways without them having a clue. Tight lines.

Default internet heroes

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    The other side of that is that some of the largest sites have become so chock full of internet drama that they become less attractive to visit when you see people trying to trump each other.

I don't know about you, but I kind of got turned off by that stuff, and still am, as people send me links to these drama fests every day.

I just don't have time for that crap here, and wont let it go on and on to boost my ratings, as some others might be inclined to do.

So part of that is censoring almost any word that could offend someone or cause an internet fight.
    Spot on, DS!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wrong on the internet.jpg