Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NY fishing reports for Sept 2009

I fished SS last night from 7-9. I came up with one blue and I lost one.

Great pics Jimbob, are you fishing with someone else or do you have really long rubber band arms that you are able to focus the camera on you like that? I fished a ss beach near an inlet before sunrise, there was bait everywhere. I got one bass 27" and one 29" with a 1 oz bucktail and porkrind combo, both still swimming. Beautiful sunrise on the walk back.

I fished a south shore inlet this morning. It was slow. I saw some small bait and not much else. Just before sunrise, I caught 2 Bass one 33" and one 25". I kept the big one for the smokehouse. I had 2 more hits or really swirls behind my plugs they never touched the plug. After sunrise I never got a hit.
    My camera has a self portrait mode on it that is what I use. 99% of my fishing is done alone. As we get older my fishing buddies have a hard time getting out of bed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P9180002.jpg   P9180003.jpg  

P9180007.jpg  

Hit the North Shore last night. Wind blowing pretty good out of the NNW. Had some serious gusts too. Lots of white water around all the rocks and structure but no bait and no fish. Gave it my best shot though, stayed probably longer than I should have but did a bit of walking to try and find them.

Oh,well. I will try and find them tonight.

I wanted to try my luck at Montauk today. I fished from 4:45 to 6:45am, bucktail and pork. There were a lot of people fishing the tournament. I hate crowds like that, but what can you do? I had one fish on and dropped it. Out of about 30 guys where I was, I saw one bass caught probably between 10-15#. Next time.

I fished a Moriches back bay area this morning. I had one hit just after sunrise. Plenty of bait, water temp 62 degrees.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P9190002.jpg  

I was looking forward to a successful night of fishing. I could feel the success in my bones. I guess my bones were wrong. I fished NS. Had one bump but nothing else.

Threw a few eels at a SS inlet last night. All were bitten in half. Switched to plugs and got nothing. Ugh. Two in a row.

It was a beautiful night out there though.

I hit a North fork spot this evening for sunset. I saw no bait and it was very quiet. at about 7:50 I caught a 24" Striper. That was the only hit I had.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P9200003.jpg   P9200004.jpg  

P9200010.jpg   P9200012.jpg  

I fished a SS spot tonight, some rocks, to the west. First 2 jetties nothing, then a 25" bass throwing a white shad. Lost one after that, small bait was around the rocks.

I went to Montauk after work today I saw very little bait and never raised a fish. I fished from 4:45 to 9:00. Everyone I talked with said the have been having a bad week.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P9210001.jpg   P9210004.jpg  

Nice pictures jimbob. I fished near an inlet this morning, S shore. There was a lot of small bait moving right after sunrise. I threw a ss needle with a small white teaser. One bass 23" on the teaser.

Took the afternoon off to fish a NS favorite spot of mine. It's usually productive this time of year. Today the only thing that was raised were my eyebrows when I saw a couple trying to get busy after a romantic lunch near the water.They were on a blanket, and I was thinking about all the rocks and bumps, what was this guy thinking?
    Maybe I should have been paying more attention to fishing, but it was not happening for me today. Poppers and small swimmers couldn't even call a bluefish my way. Oh well at least I had some entertainment.

Spent some time at LB last night. I got one short on a bomber.

Fished a SS spot early today, outgoing. It was weedy, so I tried a slim profile bucktail.

did a quick run and gun on a s shore beach after work. My friend told me of birds working all day, so I went to check it out. I saw bait about 200' out and started casting. Using a bottle popper and some smack it poppers, I got 2 big fat bluefish around 12lbs, both released because I didn't want the hassle of dragging them back. Nice fat blues, you could tell they were feeding heavily.

fished SI in the dark 4 to 6 in the morning. we got 4 bluefish with bunker. one was very fat

Jones area this morning with bucktail and pork, one rat bass.

I fished some swimmers for the incoming tonight at a ss place near an inlet. Got some small bluefish, and a stargazer.

We fished out of JI this morning, about 1/2 mile off the beach. All the blues you could want, on bunker. Most were 5-6lbs, but a few were around 10. Lots of fun.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast