Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NY fishing reports for Sept 2009

Hit the north fork last night. Outgoing tide at an hour or so before sunset. Heavy NE wind. Peanut Bunker taking cover behind the rocks.

No fish during the daylight. After darkness fell I tried out a couple of eels. No luck on the first eel, he stuck himself in a rockpile. The second one was bitten in half.

Throwing a bottle plug with a Fishtail tail hook I got from Anthony at Hair-n-hooks.com . I got two blues, one 6 pound and a 10 pounder. A little bit after that I landed a schoolie bass. That was it on the fish for the night. I think once the wind switched to an ESE I made my way home.

I figured today would be perfect to run to Montauk. Hit some rocks on the north side using 2 oz bucktail and red worm, fishing was tough. The water was amazing, but followed me home. I did hear of some nice fish caught earlier in the week.

West of Jones area from 5-7 this morning, one shortie on a tsunami chartreuse swim shad. Surf was pretty churned up.

Nice catches, guys. I was out this morning, east of Moses. Lots of white water, I threw bucktails. Nada, but I can feel it that it will turn on in the ocean soon, maybe after the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by stripercrazy View Post
    I figured today would be perfect to run to Montauk. Hit some rocks on the north side using 2 oz bucktail and red worm, fishing was tough. The water was amazing, but followed me home. I did hear of some nice fish caught earlier in the week.

I don't think the bite has been that great this week. They're not setting the world on fire up there, it's been a slow pick. I fished the AM at a NS area near a harbor, just playing around with some small castmasters. I caught some small snappers, saw some bait, but it didn't seem like we have any big blues in this spot yet. Still waiting for the great NS action we had last year.

Tsunami chartreuse swim shads are killer! 3 bass this morning out front, pockets of some jetties. I had to work quite a few, and managed 3 bass to 27". Some weeds, but there were areas that weren't that bad. Ocean was still a little churned up.

Hit an old favorite spot on the NS last night, outgoing water coming out of a harbor. The wind made a little difficult, so I bucktailed it. I gave it my best shot and moved a few times, only one bluefish wanted dinner.

5-7am this morning, Jones area. Big surf and lots of jelly fish in the weeds. Tried bucktail and fin-s. Water looked fishy, maybe tomorrow

Fished out front today, 2:30-4:30. Wind from the west, fishing is the best. Tried shads and bucktail, zippo.

Out again again!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123