Thread: Suppress the Silence - A new band.

Default Suppress the Silence - A new band.

My sons have had a band for over a year now. They play venues and are currently scheduled to play at Clara Bartons in Edison with Beneath the Sky.

Much to everyone's surprise I let them keep their equipment and practice in my livingroom. YES my livingroom!! I think I get into heaven for this one alone.

They are in the process of recording some songs on their own.

Go to the link below and click on the song they have listed. It is called "Things Left Unsaid".

http://www.myspace.com/suppressthesilence42

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles View Post

Much to everyone's surprise I let them keep their equipment and practice in my livingroom. YES my livingroom!! I think I get into heaven for this one alone.

Such a cool Mom, do you also get to sing a few sets when they rehearse?

Gotta say a little about this band. They have gotten real tight in the last year as far as their music goes. Listening to them reminds me of stage divin 20 years ago, and makes me want to mosh and dive again. I know some bones wold be broken if I tried that, though.

Good kids, tight music that doesn't copy the mainstream formula followed by so many of today's young bands. I think they have a decent shot at success. Plus, dogfish, they got the coolest Mom in the world.

Sick Stuff Pebbles. All three members yours? How old are they?

Part of that song kind of reminds me of Diecast, one of my favorites. Well the vocal sound anyway. I really dig the Hardcore vocals towards the end. Kind of changes the tone and was a complete surprise. A lot of bands that attempt that kind of thing can't pull it off.

Good stuff, tell em to put up some more.

One of their friends band Grimus is pretty sick as well.

Rich, you can still stage dive, you just won't heal as fast. That is why I don't do it anymore. Plus the fact that I have to work and make money or I perish. Not something I thought about years ago in regards to injuries. Now I just fish all night and call in sick.

I would pay $50 to see dark stage dive from a speaker tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankiesurf View Post
    Sick Stuff Pebbles. All three members yours? How old are they?

Part of that song kind of reminds me of Diecast, one of my favorites. Well the vocal sound anyway. I really dig the Hardcore vocals towards the end. Kind of changes the tone and was a complete surprise. A lot of bands that attempt that kind of thing can't pull it off.

Good stuff, tell em to put up some more.

One of their friends band Grimus is pretty sick as well.

Rich, you can still stage dive, you just won't heal as fast. That is why I don't do it anymore. Plus the fact that I have to work and make money or I perish. Not something I thought about years ago in regards to injuries. Now I just fish all night and call in sick.
    Thanks guys.

Three of the little darlings are mine! 20, 17 and 14. The 14 year old is the drummer. I know I am their mom but I think they are really talented. They come from a musical family.
    I hope they go somewhere. If anyone has connections it would be appreciated.

Dogfish - No I have never sung with them. I think they would kick me out of the band.

They will be putting up their new recordings in a few days.

BTW - I'd give anything to see Dark stage dive!

Quote Originally Posted by Frankiesurf View Post
    Yup, same goes for gettin into a fight with someone over keeping short fish. If it turns physical and you both get locked up, it doesn't matter who was right or wrong, you both lose at least a day's pay.

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    I would pay $50 to see dark stage dive from a speaker tower.
    Ya can see me in action in a videotape made in the 80's called "Hardgore", by the members of a NJ Hardcore group called Bedlam. Out of the 25 bands showcased, I'm in like 5 or 6 of the clips, doin my thing in the pit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles View Post
    BTW - I'd give anything to see Dark stage dive!
    I saw someone do a stage dive once, the crowd moved away, and they cracked their skull, concussion. Had to be brought out of there in an ambulance. That got to me.

I'm the guy who used to catch the idiots, even the fat ones, that were divin off the stage and the crowd moved because they were too big.

If someone fell and the bodies piled on, I would always pull them out of danger. I also had a lot of people come up to me and ask to boost them up with my hands so they could crowd surf. I was in the best shape of my life back then, strong back and legs, a lot more toned than I am now, and a head that could survive countless people falling on it. If my body wasn't sore the day after, I felt like it wasn't a good show.

Of course, there were the dudes who didn't care. One straightedge skinhead dude I knew from CBGB's Sunday matinees broke his arm in a dive. He was back the next week moshin with the cast on. Aah, good times, great memories!

And.....Pebbles definitely gets an EZ pass into heaven for lettin the kids practice in her house. Not many Moms would put up with that. Garage maybe, but living room never!

They posted two new songs!

Those are some really sick songs!!! Nice going guys!!

Suppress the Silence is currently in a Battle of the Bands. They won the first round at their venue. Grand Prize is $10,000 and a recording deal.

They produced a new Demo CD which has a couple of new songs.

If anyone knows of someone into this music, pm me your address and I'll send you a free Demo CD..

The 2nd round of Battle of the Bands is on April 25th at "The Crossroads" in Garwood, NJ. The cost is $10 a ticket or $12 at the door.

I'll put up their show time as soon as they find it out, which is usually closer to the date.

Yes, I am a very proud Mom!

Default Suppress the Silence new video

I'm proud of them too. Some of ya's thought I was sick this week when ya talked to me on the phone. Nope. I lost my voice for a day or 2, screamin for those kids to win the contest at the top of my lungs. The band with the loudest applause and cheers had the best chance, so I figured losing my voice was a small price to pay.

I'm proud to report that I can still throw down a sick scream like I used to do old school, but I can't hit those high notes anymore. Some of the youngbloods looked at me like I was crazy, but I couldn't help it. Suppress the Silence is generating a good buzz and getting a lot of hits now on their MySpace page. I'm glad to to whatever I can to support the kids. I'm real proud of them, and hope they can turn this into something.

Pebbles' oldest son designed their latest CD cover. It's so good I thought he paid someone to do it, but he did it on the PC.

Hoping for good mojo for Suppress the Silence. They're good kids, a lot better behaved than I was at that age.

They deserve it.