Thread: Sept 2009 Harbor Tackle Report, W. Ocean City, Md.

Default Sept 2009 Harbor Tackle Report, W. Ocean City, Md.

Harbor Tackle Fishing Report September 9, 2009

There still are slots open for the 8th Annual Red Drum Tournament, Sept. 25 – 27, 2009 sponsored by Harbor Tackle. If anyone is interested call Harbor Tackle for more info.

You better get your surf fishing gear together and make plans. The first red drum was caught Sunday night. My customer reported his fish was 46 inches and was caught on fresh spot that he purchased from me. Only a few days left in the 2009 flounder season and it is a shame the season is closing on September 13, 2009. More nice legal flounder are showing up; however, there is a shortage of live minnows. With the excessive high tides and wind the minnows are up in the marshes and will not go into the minnow traps. You may still catch flounder on cut baits as in fresh spot, fresh mullet, and fresh bunker along with Berkley Gulp, frozen shiners and live peanut bunker, live mullet, live spot, and live black saltys.

Terry and his fishing buddies are in Hatteras to fish the Little Hatteras Village Surf Tournament scheduled at the end of the week. It was raining in Hatteras and they were expecting 2-3 inches of rain on Monday and the guys wanted to fish. They decided they would not go the beach, but instead decided to fish from the balcony of their house that is located beside a lagoon. They caught some pan fish and a small puppy drum. What could be better than ice cold beer in the refrigerator, hot/cold food, a bathroom nearby, out of the elements, and catching fish? One of the guys caught a 32 inch red drum Tuesday. Hope he keeps the streak going. Good luck to the Ocean City Surf Anglers in the tournament.

Harbor Tackle has fresh bunker, fresh spot, fresh finger mullet, live eels, and live sand fleas.
    Beverly Fleming
    Harbor Tackle & Home of the Annual Red Drum Tournament

Harbor Tackle Fishing Report September 14, 2009

There still are slots open for the 8th Annual Red Drum Tournament, held on Assateague, with cash prizes, and scheduled for Sept. 25 – 27, 2009 sponsored by Harbor Tackle. If anyone is interested call Harbor Tackle for more info.

I am sure most surf fishermen are making their plans to fish since the first red drum was caught Sunday night Sept. 6th. My customer reported his fish was 46 inches and was caught on fresh spot. With the inclement weather and the beach being closed, I do not have much to report except some small blues from the suds. Devon Fernandez caught 2 stripers sized 28 ½ and 34 inches along with 2 flounder sized 18 ½ and 22 inches plus an 18 inch bluefish from the Rt. 50 Bridge. A customer reported he saw a 3 foot nurse shark taken from the Ocean Pier yesterday using squid for bait.

Harbor Tackle has fresh bunker, fresh spot, fresh finger mullet, live eels, and live sand fleas.
    Beverly Fleming

Quote Originally Posted by btf View Post
    Harbor Tackle Fishing Report September 9, 2009

There still are slots open for the 8th Annual Red Drum Tournament, Sept. 25 – 27, 2009 sponsored by Harbor Tackle. If anyone is interested call Harbor Tackle for more info.

You better get your surf fishing gear together and make plans. The first red drum was caught Sunday night. My customer reported his fish was 46 inches and was caught on fresh spot that he purchased from me.
    That must be the greatest feeling to have a customer get a nice fish from bait or gear he got from you, wtg, Bev!

It was raining in Hatteras and they were expecting 2-3 inches of rain on Monday and the guys wanted to fish. They decided they would not go the beach, but instead decided to fish from the balcony of their house that is located beside a lagoon. They caught some pan fish and a small puppy drum. What could be better than ice cold beer in the refrigerator, hot/cold food, a bathroom nearby, out of the elements, and catching fish?
    Fish from the balcony!! Plus beer, good friends, good food, and a clean bathroom?? That could be a great Budweiser commercial, doesn't get any better than that!

As always, thanks for the reports, Bev. I hope your tournament is a success.

Default Phone # and info for Harbor Tackle, W Ocean City, MD

Bev, I didn't see the phone # in the report so I took the liberty of posting it up for ya!

http://www.harbortackleoc.com/Harbor...-City-Maryland

Harbor Tackle

Home
    Harbor Tackle

Harbor Tackle and Seafood is your one stop shop for surf fishing gear, bay fishing gear and fresh and live bait. Harbor Tackle supplies a wide variety of top named fishing rods, fishing reels to the Ocean City, Assateague Island and the surrounding areas.

We have a regular fishing report and are a certified weigh station for your trophy catch!

Navigation

Contact Us

Address:
    9715 Golf Course Road
    Ocean City, MD 21842
    (On the corner of Golf Course
    Road and Sunset Avenue
    )
    410-213-9365
    E-Mail Us

9715 Golf Course Road
    On the corner of Golf Course Rd and Sunset Ave
    Ocean City, MD 21842
    410-213-9365

I do get pleasure through my customers when they are excited with their catch. My husband and I strive to sell top quality bait. Just yesterday I sold some 4 day old bunker at a reduced price and the customer said my old bait was better than other stores' freshest bait. If our bait is older we tell the customer and sell at reduced price. If we feel that the bait is too old we will give it away. One of our friends always tells us that no matter the age of the bait he always catches fish as we know how to take care of the bait. Over the years we have been in business we have cultivated great bait sourses and without them we would have nothing. Thank you for posting our website.
    Beverly Fleming

Harbor Tackle Fishing Report September 21, 2009

You may still register for the 8th Annual Red Drum Tournament, held on Assateague, with cash prizes, and scheduled for Sept. 25 – 27, 2009 sponsored by Harbor Tackle. Registration is open until 6 PM on Thursday, September 24, 2009. If anyone is interested call Harbor Tackle for more info.

A 24 inch red drum was caught last Monday on AI using finger mullet by Kim Hitchens. I have heard of a couple more reds last week. The beach is producing bluefish and some big sharks. Flounder fishing is getting better; however, the season has closed for the year. One of my customers when to Stinky Beach with 6 minnows and her first cast was a 26 inch flounder. Blues and stripers are coming from the Inlet and the Rt. 50 Bridge. The flounder catch is pretty good from the Rt. 50 Bridge. There are tog, triggerfish, and spadefish at the Inlet. Mike Schofield hooked up with an 18 inch 3 lb 14 oz tog at the Inlet using sandfleas.

Beverly Fleming

Just curious, how do you keep the sandfleas so they stay alive. Can you keep them overnight?

Put fleas in a minnow bucket and put them in the water same as minnows. You can put fleas in a container with holes in bottom and put on ice.
    Beverly Fleming