Thread: Montauk - NorEasters and White Water

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by rockhopper View Post
    I could swear that is Rob Koch one of the northbar bottle darter company guys.

Yep that's Rob. Just to clear things up, the guy who tried to cut in front of me while I shot the video is not Rob. After I barked at him he jumped in to my right and jumped over to mug Rob. (without even acknowledging that Rob was there). Rob rolled his eyes, looked at me, as if to say "Can you believe this guy? Really????"
    I know some may be offended because of my honesty and gruffness. I'm not gonna change that. When something needs to be said to someone who has no manners or self awareness of mugging other fishermen, I'm gonna say it. I try to be diplomatic at first but sometimes there is just no reasoning with some selfish fishermen out there.

There are now more guys and gals fishing the surf, than there are surf spots. The exception is lately, when many out there have given up bass fishing save for a small group of us. If I want to fish somewhere, I try to think if my fishing will impact on others, (this includes surfers, spear fishermen, bathers, etc) who were there first. The first group to an area should always get consideration, (unless they clearly shouldn't be in that area.) This is just my experience and opinion.

A little respect goes a long way. I have no tolerance for people who can't seem to grasp that. My fishing is too important to me. I need to be out there regularly, for my sanity.

Glad ya's liked the videos and pics. Thanks for the kind words.

Jack Yee is on the first page of this thread. hought some might have an interest in seeing and reading about him again......

I did a mini interview the last time I saw him in Montauk, in 2009. I regret that I haven't seen him since then. He was truly a character as some have said. A good man, one who lived life on his own terms.
    I wish you could still be around with us, Jack...but unfortunately we can't predict when God will take us from this world.......
    to be in eternal life with Him...All the more reason to be grateful for the time we have on this Earth.......

RIP Jack....my deepest condolences and thoughts to his friends and family......
    See ya on the other side.....

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Jack Yee is on the first page of this thread. hought some might have an interest in seeing and reading about him again......

I did a mini interview the last time I saw him in Montauk, in 2009. I regret that I haven't seen him since then. He was truly a character as some have said. A good man, one who lived life on his own terms.
    I wish you could still be around with us, Jack...but unfortunately we can't predict when God will take us from this world.......
    to be in eternal life with Him...All the more reason to be grateful for the time we have on this Earth.......

RIP Jack....my deepest condolences and thoughts to his friends and family......
    See ya on the other side.....
    T&P and rest in peace