Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: useless facts about yourself or the world we live in

Default useless facts about yourself or the world we live in

I found this great site with all the stupidest facts you never wanted to know. Anyone else have any stupid trivia about themselves? I'll start.....

Here's where I got them from
    http://ebizarre.com/index.php
    Bizarre fact #3203:
    Did you know...
    Dr. Jekyll's first name is Henry.
    Bizarre fact #884:
    Did you know...
    The reason why tattoos do not vanish even though we shed our skin is because the dye is injected deeper into the dermis part of the skin. It is only the epidermis that we shed

A bizzarre fact about me....
    At one time I had foot fungus on 3 of my toes.

Quote Originally Posted by williehookem View Post
    IA bizzarre fact about me....
    At one time I had foot fungus on 3 of my toes.

Why thanks for sharing.
    If you go to certain sections of India, do not shake hands with people. True fact, they do not use toilet paper when using the bathroom for any of their toilet needs, They use their hands, and wash afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesdude71 View Post
    If you go to certain sections of India, do not shake hands with people. True fact, they do not use toilet paper when using the bathroom for any of their toilet needs, They use their hands, and wash afterward.
    Can this be for real?

If you fart in the tub you can light the bubbles with a propane torch as they come to the surface.

^^ I have on occasion passed gas in the elevator and make it look like it's someone else'e fault.

I have on Occasion farted in an elevator in a strange place and taken the credit.

It's not possible to have a phone conversation with me of less than 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by 7deadlyplugs View Post
    If you fart in the tub you can light the bubbles with a propane torch as they come to the surface.
    Do you know this by experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackbass View Post
    I have on Occasion farted in an elevator in a strange place and taken the credit.
    A Capt Morgan night is a good night!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails captain-morgan.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    Do you know this by experience?
    I never did it but was there when we did it to my friend one night. A blue flame comes out, crazy stuff, if your not careful you will burn some hair!

From the net ----
    Boys and Girls, you should ALWAYS practice Safe Fart Ignition (SFI). Here's how:
    1. Fill bathtub or kiddie pool with water. Use a temperature that is comfortable to you and which will help you relax and fart more easily.
    2. Settle down into the tub or pool for a leisurely soak. If in public, wear a swimsuit for modesty.
    3. Fire up your sphincter with gaseous elements.
    4. Light a match and hold it just above the water, positioned directly over your anus.
    5. Let one rip.
    6. As the fart bubble surfaces and pops, make sure the match is there to meet it. The gas will ignite and you'll get a nice flare.
    7. Repeat as desired and able.
    CAUTION: When lighting fart bubbles, keep your face and head away from the area over the lit match. Always sit with your head and shoulders back, and do not hunch over the ignition area.
    If you follow instructions, you will be able to light farts to your heart's (and fart's) content without the danger of burning or singeing yourself.

Default A scientific examination of fart lighting

For those who care. God I love the internet!

"I hope this can be taken as the Gospel of Fart-lighting. Many people say it can't be done. It certainly can. I've done it. I'm a PhD in biochemistry, but that's not to say I didn't have fun in school. Interesting chemistry behind it: if you're intersted in more, read my report on the, "Implications of food Dye..." science report on this very site. name's Dave. Nice to meet you.

Anywho- Many of the naysayers claim that there's simply too much watervapor in a fart to burn. Not true. It's also not true, however, that the fuel is strictly methane. Turns out the normal human GI tract is loaded with bacteria (no surprise there) that specialize in different tasks. Most the anaerobic bacteria (those that function without oxygen) metabolize food-stuffs into methane (CH4), but some other greeblies produce other goodies that are useful in the anus-flame-thrower. The moisture indigent in the GI tract is nominal. People that say it won't burn because it's too moist should be asked to light a propane grill in the rain- it still lights. If, however, there were only methane present in the GI tract, the flame would burn a cool (temp wise) blue. That's not the case, however, as alluded to above...so, you got some sulfur (the smell, generally present in H2S (hydrogen sulfide, rotten egg smell), some sodium (natural byproduct of metabolism) and dozens of other goodies.

Light a fart- it's not just blue...it's yellow (from the sodium) it's might be a bit purple (from potassium) maybe even a bit greenish (from copper), but the H2S will make it very hot, pretty bright, and very smelly.

H2S is also why farts smell.

As far as diarrhea on your own hand- not too far fetched: the anal sphincter is a very smart muscle; with the proprioceptors it has, it can easily distinguish incompressible solids (e.g. poop) from compressible gasses (e.g. farts). That's how you just "know" when it's okay to let something rip. Trouble arises, however, when liquid is added to the equation: liquid, like solid, is incompressible. Therefore, your sphincter could send a message to the brain saying, "Okay! All's clear, solid poo comin' out!", when in fact it's really nearly a liter of messy, liquid squirts.

Hope this helps!"

When I was a kid I was dared to eat a worm. My friends could not believe that I actually did it. Somehow word got around of me being the worm eater, so I earned lots of cool things from my friends by eating worms.

I have eaten monkey brains, and been struck by lightning twice.

Stripercoast Surfcasters Club
    Dedicated to Conservation

Therefore, your sphincter could send a message to the brain saying, "Okay! All's clear, solid poo comin' out!", when in fact it's really nearly a liter of messy, liquid squirts.

Hope this helps!"
    o man

H2S is also why farts smell.

As far as diarrhea on your own hand- not too far fetched: the anal sphincter is a very smart muscle; with the proprioceptors it has, it can easily distinguish incompressible solids (e.g. poop) from compressible gasses (e.g. farts). That's how you just "know" when it's okay to let something rip. Trouble arises, however, when liquid is added to the equation: liquid, like solid, is incompressible. Therefore, your sphincter could send a message to the brain saying, "Okay! All's clear, solid poo comin' out!", when in fact it's really nearly a liter of messy, liquid squirts.

Hope this helps!"
    Unbelievable detail here. I nominate this for top 10 funniest posts of 2009.

From the ebizzarre site:
    Bizarre fact #3029:
    Did you know...
    Undertakers report that human bodies do not deteriorate as quickly as they used to. The reason, they believe, is that the modern diet contains so many preservatives that these chemicals tend to prevent the body from decomposition too rapidly after death.

Sent in by Surfstix, I thought it might fit in here. Thanks and feel better!

Thought for the Day

Have you ever wondered if the one dollar bills
    in your wallet were ever in a stripper's butt crack?
    If not, you're wondering now. Have a nice day ..

So folks, alwaysremember to wash your handafter handing money!
    Couldn't resist!

That's my publicserviceannouncementforthe day.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Sent in by Surfstix, I thought it might fit in here. Thanks and feel better!

Have you ever wondered if the one dollar bills
    in your wallet were ever in a stripper's butt crack?
    If not, you're wondering now. Have a nice day ..
    Good one!
    "The snapping turtle eats carrion and is used by police to find dead bodies in lakes, ponds and swamps."

I once was fishing and had a ton of fish on front of me catching almost every cast. Needed to take a leak and didn't want to lose my place in the line up. So I pissed my waders. It was worth it.

Nasty dude, just nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackbass View Post
    I once was fishing and had a ton of fish on front of me catching almost every cast. Needed to take a leak and didn't want to lose my place in the line up. So I pissed my waders. It was worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rip316 View Post
    Nasty dude, just nasty.

Gotta give ya credit for that Jackbass, that's brutal honesty!
    To me that sez that you're dialed in on the fish during a hot bite, nothing else matters.
    Hardcore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast