Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NY fishing reports for October 2009

I fished SI for 5 hours with clams with my brother. We got 2 stripers in the rain, then the rain stopped. We got 2 more stripers 29" and 29 1/2", we took them home.

Fished MTK 10/24 from 5pm until dusk. Caught 15" blue on first cast and around 6pm picked up a bass just shy of 28" from the town beach on tins. Both released to be caught another day.
    Fish hard, live long

Nice, Fishon. I was there yesterday and fished 7-10am. All I got was bluefish. I used diamond jigs, hopkins, and bucktails. I did see a few small bass caught but they were runts. Also heard of some large caught at night, but it seemed to be slow where I was fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
    I hit the same spot this afternoon, the tide was very high and it was a while before I got my first hit. I caught 8 Stripers between 22" and 32" with 3 keepers all released. I only tagged 3 fish because there was no dry land for the first five fish, the area was flooded.
    I fished a ss beach from 3:30 to 6:30 today. I was throwing a chartreuse tsunami shad and working the cuts. 2 missed hits, that was it for me. Jimbob is that a tattoo sea pup youre using, the yellow one? Great pics btw, I don't know how you keep your hand so steady without blurring the shot.

Western s shore this am, one 26" bass on a 2 oz buck. The water was good in that there weren't too many weeds, but it was still churned up.

Quote Originally Posted by rockhopper View Post
    Jimbob is that a tattoo sea pup youre using, the yellow one? Great pics btw, I don't know how you keep your hand so steady without blurring the shot.
    That plug is my favorite this year it is a Zara Super Spook. My camera has image stabilization, it works exept when the shutter is open for a long time.

I went to a south shore inlet area last night I had one hit and that was it. I stopped by the back bay area that produced for me over the weekend and never got a hit there.

JimBob,
    Your pics are great, a step above others (creative).
    Ever try to time a hit on a plug with a picture (like on the spook)?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P6270046c.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	8036

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
    That plug is my favorite this year it is a Zara Super Spook. My camera has image stabilization, it works exept when the shutter is open for a long time.

I went to a south shore inlet area last night I had one hit and that was it. I stopped by the back bay area that produced for me over the weekend and never got a hit there.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

I drove to Montauk yesterday early pm. Fished 3-8, one small bass on bucktail and rubber worm, and a few bluefish on Hopkins tins. Montauk has been a disappointment this year.

Yeah BB, heard of some pretty slim pickins at mecca. I fished a SS spot by an inlet last night from 8-9 with a bucktail. My friends had been pulling in some decent bass. It was tough with the sweep. I might have given up too soon, but it was getting nasty. Nada for me.

Jones area from 3-6pm today. I threw bucktails, shads and tins. One runt on a diamond jig with teaser. The ocean was rough.

Another skunk for the books! I fished today and got up late. The water was close to slack and too skinny. I saw birds way out but no one catching anything near where I was, ss sand beach. Diamond jigs and hopkins with bucktail, I'm 0 for 2.

Fished near Shinny this afternoon 3-6. The water looked real fishy.The wind was bad, in your face. Fished the incoming using a 3 oz tin with a red tail. Got a decent 34" bass on the 5th cast, released, then nothing.

I went out this afternoon to a south shore Inlet area, The Ocean was rough, weedy, and the wind was blowing hard in my face so I went to the back. I caught a pugnosed Bass that was just over 28" and a Bluefish that was 34" long and hit a 5" Yozuri Crystal Minnow. I also had a few hits as well. Both fish were released, the Bass with a tag. I forgot the camera today.

small fat rats!
    Fished ss eastern beach today 6-7:30am, 2 fat rats to 25". Diamond jig with green tail. The water is turning brown in places. Look for the white water.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123