Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NY fishing reports for October 2009

more M.V. pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PA100001.jpg   PA110001.jpg  

PA110022.jpg   PA120031.jpg  

PA120039.jpg   PA110023.jpg  

Sounds like you had a good time. Even a few dinks are worth traveling for if you spend time with good people.

Went out last night caught one blue 10lbs on a popper.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
    I fished with good friends and had a lot of fun. The weather was not cooperative. It was very windy or the ocean was nasty with huge waves. I still can't wait to go and fish there again.

Very nice pics, good friends make it all worthwhile. I fished Mecca Thur morning from 4to6. I thought it would be on fire, maybe it was, but somewhere where I was not. One bass 29" on a 2 1/2 oz bucktail with pork.

Went out this morning to Shoreham-Wading River and was on the beach by 6:15am. The only thing I caught was lots of seaweed and a chill. Called it quits by 7:30am. The water on the north shore was angry this morning!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00276.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	7869

Name:	IMG00277.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	7870

Name:	IMG00278.jpg 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	7871

Name:	IMG00279.jpg 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	7872
    Fish hard, live long

Montauk was a washout yesterday. My buddy and I couldn't get out as early as we wanted because work got in the way for both of us. As we passed town at about 4:30 there was a pilgrimage of trucks going the other way. We fished along the front side with the wind in our face for nothing. Beautiful white water but nothing in it. Went around the South side. With the 30 knot wind and current going the same direction it was tough to catch up to and make contact with anything we were throwing. Bottle plugs grabbed nicely but you had to really crank them in to keep up with it. We gave up at the point and made our way to a back bay area. There were plenty of anchovies in there but the wind was now at our cheek and even stronger than before.

We stuck it out for a few hours out there but came up with nothing. Actually we caught a buzz with some Johnny Black and Jamesons at Ruby Tuesdays afterwards.

Besides some of the most brutal weather I have been out in, it was still a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankiesurf View Post
    We stuck it out for a few hours out there but came up with nothing. Actually we caught a buzz with some Johnny Black and Jamesons at Ruby Tuesdays afterwards.

Besides some of the most brutal weather I have been out in, it was still a good time.

Note Jack Yee at 0:30, he's still smokin.

Quote Originally Posted by FishonLI View Post
    Went out this morning to Shoreham-Wading River and was on the beach by 6:15am. The only thing I caught was lots of seaweed and a chill. Called it quits by 7:30am. The water on the north shore was angry this morning!

Name:	IMG00276.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	7869

Name:	IMG00277.jpg 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	7870

Name:	IMG00278.jpg 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	7871

Name:	IMG00279.jpg 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	7872
    Those definitely look like angry waters, but ya never know when you'll hit the jackpot in weather like that. It definitely keeps the crowds away.
    Hey FishonLI, I don't believe I got a chance to welcome you to the site yet! Beautiful pics you guys are putting up, thanks for sharing. Welcome aboard!

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
    more M.V. pics
    Hey Jimbob, I was curious as to what MV is like, lots of rocks like Montauk or more sandy beaches? Awesome pics btw.

Yeah jb, great photos, keep em comin. I fished a SS beach this morning, wind and foam everywhere. Used darters and bucktails, not a tap. Amazing white water.

I went out to three different places this morning and could not get to the spots I wanted to because of high water. I made a few casts however but came up empty. crosseyedbass, M.V. is great, whatever kind of beach you like is there. Rocks, sand, jettys, ponds, creeks you name it. Sometimes it gets crowded but there is always somewhere else to go.

Fished Montauk this morning 6-8:15 am. Managed 2 bluefish to 5lbs with the large size deadly ****. All fish at the furthest ends of the casts, nothing in close.

I just got back from fishing a back bay area in the Moriches area. I caught 6 bass all keepers from 28" to 34" I kept one for dinner. after it got dark the tide slacked and the fish stopped hitting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PA200003.jpg   PA200004.jpg  

PA200005.jpg   PA200008.jpg  

PA200015.jpg   PA200007.jpg  

Nice bass jimbob! The sunset pic isn't bad either. I fished a SS beach this morning from 5-7 on the incoming. I worked the left side of a few jetties. There were some weeds so I moved a few times. Got one around 7 on a tsunami shad, little runt. I was going to say where are the bigger fish but I think jimbob keyed in on them. Would you mind sharing what you were using? Thanks

34" are nice sized bass, nice catches! I fished in back of an inlet area this morning on the incoming, fresh clams. One 29" striper on the clams and also a short blackfish. Blackfish went back, striper will be dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by plugginpete View Post
    Nice bass jimbob! The sunset pic isn't bad either. I fished a SS beach this morning from 5-7 on the incoming. I worked the left side of a few jetties. There were some weeds so I moved a few times. Got one around 7 on a tsunami shad, little runt. I was going to say where are the bigger fish but I think jimbob keyed in on them. Would you mind sharing what you were using? Thanks
    Thanks, I caught the fish on a chartruse Zara super spook, a
    2 1/2 ounce black creek chub popper, and a 7" chrome and blue redfin. I had hits on a 3 ounce white Danny plug.

^^^Wow you really change it up a lot, 3 different plugs for 6 different fish. Thanks for the info.

Fished in the bay, caught one striper 29" on a needlefish.

I went out this afternoon to the same spot as Tuesday. The wind was blowing hard east so the rip did not form. It was also difficult to work surface plugs, but when I got the right angle I got hits. I landed 5 Bass and had many hits. as it got dark the cross wind was just too much so I left early.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PA240001.jpg   PA240002.jpg  

PA240004.jpg   PA240005.jpg  

PA240007.jpg  

I hit the same spot this afternoon, the tide was very high and it was a while before I got my first hit. I caught 8 Stripers between 22" and 32" with 3 keepers all released. I only tagged 3 fish because there was no dry land for the first five fish, the area was flooded.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PA250002.jpg   PA250005.jpg  

PA250008.jpg   PA250009.jpg  

PA250010.jpg   PA250011.jpg  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast