Thread: best Spinning Reel under $200

Default best Spinning Reel under $200

Everyone has their own opinions on the best spinning reels based on personal experience. What would you say is the best spinning reel under $200?

I have been debating this also. I need a new reel. I have Penn using a penn 5500ss for the past 7 years. I just replaced the bail springs yesterday, after it snapped 2 days ago. I was told to stay away from Penn reels. I heared COBO reels are good.

i like tica they have quite a few reels uner 200 bucks and they are good reels give them a look u mite find one u like good luck

Find a used amde in USA Penn 704, or 704Z, usually under 75. Get extra bail springs or convert to bailess.
    I have a garage shelf full of them and am constantly on the lookout to expand my inventory.
    I have a couple of Cabo's but am not a huge fan, in fact I find the gearing to be too fast and they are weak with large fish, you dam near need to kill it with drag runs before you can land it. I like them for schoolies with pencils in the spring.
    God is Great, Beer is Good, People are crazy.

I have a shimano stradic 6000 that really isnt all that bad. The arm is some kind of plastic and metal combined component. and there's this plastic screw cap on the opposite side holding the thing in. And the line capacity leaves something to be desired. Doesnt seem sturdy, but i think the new ones have a better contruction. I swapped it out earlier this year for my vs200 so i havent fished with it for a while. for around 200 bucks the playing field is pretty much level. but the new stradic isnt a bad way to go.

having said that, if you put the two reels in a race, the 704z would win hands down any day of the week. solid construction, there's no doubt when you hold the thing its guna withstand a big fish. thats what i suggest you do, find a nice, serviced 704z and go bailess like gunny said my dad has 2 and i fished one of them growing up on that beach right there next to my name.