Thread: Plum Gut and the Race 10/02/09

Default Plum Gut and the Race 10/02/09

We hit plum gut and the race off of Long Island this past Friday. We hit the gut first on the incoming tide. We had the most success three waying white and chartreuce bucktails with a white pork rind trailer. We also landed a few on eels. We hit a few blues there and then headed to the race. The tide was really ripping by the time we got there. From the second we started dropping our lines we hooked into a variety of blues and stripers. We landed 3 keeper stripers up to 32 inches. We couldn't keep the blues off our lines and ended up landing about a 15 of them. What a fight bringing them up from 100+ feet! We couldn't have asked for better weather for the trip. The sun was shing during the morning and much of the early afternoon! As we were getting off the water the clouds rolled in which made it much chillier than when we were out. All-in-all a great fall day on the water! Here's a video of the trip. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vlk5g6kMps

That is a great camera Rando, excellent quality. I'm sorry but I couldn't help but wish I had one of those back in high school when I was in my sexual prime. I could have crushed Joe Francis and his girls gone wild videos.

Nice video, thanks for sharing.

That is a cool hatcam. How much are they?