Thread: Hello everyone....

Default Hello everyone....

Id just like to say that bunkerjoe4 tricked me, I thought it was strippersandanglers i was signing up for! Great site! I rarely get a chance to get out and fish unless its with the kids or a field testing trip for new products. We have a small lure manufacturing co. here in NJ with some pretty neat stuff mostly for freshwater but some crossover to salt.

I didnt see a 'fish story forum' or 'near disaster forum' as I have many stories to share. I am online late @ night and will be saving some time to dedicate to making new friends here.

I do not get offended easily so say it like you mean it.

OneMoreCast

Welcome to the site! Darkskies, recently added Angler of the Month where you can post stories.

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ead.php?t=5091

Can you put up some pics of the lures you make? We would love to see them.

Welcome OneMoreCast. I am looking forward to reading those stories.

Hi, welcome.

Looking forward to your stories
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Hey OneMoreCast welcome aboard! I'm running the site now, glad to see you already made some posts. Advice from someone in home improvement is always welcome. Feel free to promote if you do any construction work on the side as well, and thanks for your contributions so far. I'll try to put up some cross links when I get a chance.

So have you been fishin lately?

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreCast View Post
    Id just like to say that bunkerjoe4 tricked me, I thought it was strippersandanglers i was signing up for! Great site! I rarely get a chance to get out and fish unless its with the kids or a field testing trip for new products. We have a small lure manufacturing co. here in NJ with some pretty neat stuff mostly for freshwater but some crossover to salt.

I didnt see a 'fish story forum' or 'near disaster forum' as I have many stories to share. I am online late @ night and will be saving some time to dedicate to making new friends here.

I do not get offended easily so say it like you mean it.

OneMoreCast

I just read the last sentence of your post. You'll fit in just fine around here.

Welcome to the strippersandanglers, where "bait" and fishing meet

Stripercoast Surfcasters Club
    Dedicated to Conservation

Strippersandanglers? WOW, you must have visited the nightshift forum. Welcome!

go to gogorama in lawrence harbor, ask the brazilian chix if they can make a worm dance, they got the 411, lol. hey onemore, what kind of stuff do u make, any pics for us?

I usually log on @ night but work has been crazy lately. Thank you for the warm reception. Stories and pictures of stuff we make will be up shortly. GoGoRama, that place is still there??? Holy mackerel!!!

95% of what we make relates to freshwater fishing. We make 5.5" soft plastic swimbaits (hollow body and solid) in 3 colors for saltwater. Schoolbus yellow, sand eel, and midnight express (blackish purple). Those baits are made as we need them for personal use but I can put them up here as an S&A exclusive to see what you guys think. I have to abscond with those from the production room sometime today and take pics of them.

We have an interesting product which is starting to take off as we speak. I will leave the link for it. A tear resistant soft plastic. Not really the plastic itself but what we mold into it during production.

http://www.vinnerbaits.com/wakkistikks.html

Read the whole page and click on the link for product demo at the bottom. Yes, thats me. I didnt want to do the video. I was more nervous than a wh*re in church. I will have to cruise the site and see what you guys are making as well.

Our website is always changing and still needs some work. (I am our web designer also) If anyone is interested in website work, let me know.

Pictures @ http://www.vinnerbaits.com/photogallery.html The top 2 pics are of the freshwater swimbaits we make. Everything caught there is on our stuff.

Thank you DarkSkies for the offers. We have a links page on our site too. If anyone wants to cross-link with us just give me your web address and we'll put it up.

Be back later...

Hi Onemorecast welcome! That's a nice crappie on your front page, is that Greenwood Lake in the background?

Welcome aboard, guy. The story about you guys fishing and going through all those soft plastics sounds like a trip to remember. Would you say those things hold up to small pickerel as well, or do they nip the tails off like bluefish?

The crappie is from Lake Owassa, near Rt 15 way up near Stokes State Forest. Lake Owassa feeds Culver Lake on Rt 15. The crappie get to about 3 lbs in there.

We used our Wakki Stikks for smallmouth up in Maine and the by-catch was pickerel, which we fed to the eagles. They pretty much inhale them like the smallies did and did not cut them in half like youd expect.

I made up a handful of special worms with the insert completely thru the worm and rigged a smaller 1/0 hook through the tip of the worm and darted it thru the weedy sections of the lake. After about a dozen pickerel caught not one could bite through it, even the ones that werent hooked, just holding the worm.

Bluefish??? Havent tried that one yet. That would be THE test if you ask me. I could make up some and jump in the surf and see what happens. Interesting.

Onemorecast, welcome aboard.

Default Sluggos

Onemore, Any of your weighted hooks a good match for sluggos? Try as i might, I rarely get the lure hooked right. Looking for a solution as i appear to be all thumbs when it comes to those bastages!

Great website by the way. I'll be ordering some of your stuff for the NYC reservoir smallmouth.

I'm on the NY side of the Vernon, NJ border. We neighbors or what?

Adding a weighted hook gives an even keel to your bait. It is still very skip-able (under docks and overhangs) and the extra weight gives you a longer cast, helpful also on windy days. Also helps you 'pop' the bait through the weeds without getting caught up.

Match the weight to the size bait you're throwing. Sluggo's, flukes, swimbaits, anything you normally texas rig will work well with a weighted hook.

I've been meaning to do a short video demonstration on properly rigging baits for those who are new to it or just have trouble. Very simple.

Thank you for the thumbs up on the website. Its an ongoing project. I also handle all of our ebay auctions, an ongoing project.

If you order anything from the website or ebay, put a sidenote that you spoke to me (OneMoreCast / Don) on S&A and we'll throw some extra stuff in the box for ya.

We're located in Roselle Park, NJ so we're not too far away.

Thanks for the inquiries, always glad to help out.

Thumbs up

Welcome to the site I am new here also.
    I only fish on days that end in Y
    Richie