Thread: Sufix Tritanium co-polymer line

Default Sufix Tritanium co-polymer line

I have been using this line made by Sufix for a while now. It's a co-polymer line. It mimics mono but is way superior in strength and breaking resistance.

The other night in the middle of a hard S wind, as I was throwing into that wind, I developed the mother of all wind knots. I decided to take the braid off and re-spool with the Tritanium.

Man was I glad I did. I put it on my Tsunami 9' airwave, my primary fall plugging stick.

I'm using 20# test and couldn't be happier. Some friends were using the 17# test last year when they were getting 30's during the spring and fall runs in urban areas, and had no problem getting the fish in.

It's great line and I give it high marks for abrasion resistance, strength, and casting ease.

If someone has had some negative experience with it so far, I would like to hear those comments as well. As for me, I can't find anything negative to say about it, I love this line!

Thanks for the review, dark, Walmart now has sufix line for anyone who is interested.

well not all wal mart have the tri the line most of them cary is the cheaper sage and superior i have looked and i am one of the guys that got dark hooked on the tri its the only line i use now and this will be the 3 yr i love the line u could not give me any other line i evan use the line for blues i just put on a leader tite lines and good fishin

Hey Steve, don't mean to correct ya, but G is right.

The Sufix lines Walmart is carrying are nothing like the Tritanium line... don't accept any imitations or "close enough" lines. G and his crew have been using that line for a while, and pulling up some bigger fish out of structure.

G is the one who originally talked up that line to me. The other night we were fishin, he got snagged. We pulled on that line as hard as we could and walked it back about 10 feet, still wouldn't break. Then, amazingly, he got his rubber shad back (bent hook) as we pulled it free from whatever it was snagged on.

I can't say it enough times, Tritanium is fantastic line if you're not fishin braid.

I think Amboy was using 12 or 17# when he got the 25# contest winner last November (one of the "smaller" fish that were caught that season.) Damn, I miss those fish from last year!

I have been using tritanium as well. I like it.

it was 15 lb test line ther was no more 17 lb line they were sold out

the tri strikes again 40 in fish lots of current three runs 40 min later fish was mine