Thread: Oct 2009 Harbor Tackle Report, W Ocean City, Md

Default Oct 2009 Harbor Tackle Report, W Ocean City, Md

Harbor Tackle Fishing Report October 11, 2009

Announcing the 4th Annual Assateague Striper Tournament, held on Assateague, with cash prizes, and scheduled for November 21-22, 2009 sponsored by Harbor Tackle. If anyone is interested call Harbor Tackle for more info.

I am sure everyone knows the results of our 8th Annual Red Drum Tournament held on September 25 thru 27, 2009 The official results are as follows:

Tom Cahall – 45 ¼ inch Red Drum
    Largest Red Drum
    Most Red Drum
    Largest Red Drum Sunday
    Dave Swenson – 74 ¾ inch shark
    Largest Trash Fish
    Calvin Malone – 29 inch shark
    Largest Any Species by Child
    Dana Evans – Free entrance fees for 2010

The results of the 30th Mid-Atlantic Surf Fishing Tournament sponsored by the Ocean City Surf Anglers Club held on October 1 thru 3, 2009 are:

1st Place – MUQU – 215 points
    2nd Place – Fish Hoggs – 127 points
    3rd Place – Assawomen Anglers – 124 points
    Woman’s Top Team – Reel Women – 58 points

Session Winners
    1st Session – MUQU – 70 points
    2nd Session – MUQU – 111 points
    3rd Session – Fish Hogs – 27 points
    4th Session – Team Harbor Tackle – 15 points (Harbor Tackle sponsored)
    Largest Fish – Male – Mike Zimmerman 30 inch striper
    Largest Fish – Female – Meg Meglesocky 16 ½ inch blue
    Most Fish – Male – Matt Mobley with 24 fish
    Most Fish – Female – Anita Chandler with 6 fish
    Largest Each Species
    Blue – Joe Oreb 18 inch
    Striper – Mike Zimmerman 30 inch
    King – Greg Cougret 14 inch

There are plenty of snapper blues in the surf. Last week several red drum were taken. Nice flounder being caught although you may not keep them. Blues and stripers are at the Inlet and the Rt. 50 Bridge. Lots of tog being caught but most of them are undersized.

Harbor Tackle has fresh bunker, fresh spot, fresh finger mullet, live eels, and live sand fleas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2009 RED DRUM WINNER TOM CAHALL_400x300.JPG   ocsa 2009 4th session winner #2_400x300.jpg  

Beverly Fleming
    Harbor Tackle & Home of the Annual Red Drum Tournament

Harbor Tackle Fishing Report October 27, 2009

Announcing the 4th Annual Assateague Striper Tournament, held on Assateague, with cash prizes, and scheduled for November 21-22, 2009 sponsored by Harbor Tackle. If anyone is interested call Harbor Tackle for more info.

Due to the weather, there has not been a lot to report. Small blues are in the surf. I heard of a 36 inch striper taken at AI. The big blues and legal stripers are on their way. A few of my customers are telling me they are getting some big blues and stripers on the Delaware beaches. I’m still hearing about some nice flounder. The Rt. 50 Bridge has produced some stripers and there are some up around the Rt. 90 Bridge. Lots of tog being caught and people are telling me the sizes are getting bigger. People are fishing the Rt. 50 Bridge, the Inlet, between 2nd & 4th Streets, at the end of 6th Street and at Stinky Beach for tog. Yesterday someone told me his friend caught a 19 incher by 4th Street.

Harbor Tackle has fresh bunker, fresh spot, live green crabs, live eels, and (if the weather will cooperate) live sand fleas.
    Beverly Fleming
    Harbor Tackle & Home of the Annual Red Drum Tournament

Wow that is a nice drum, beautiful catch!