Quote Originally Posted by BassBuddah View Post
^Someone has been doing their homework. Guess all that scouting does pay off. Weren't you scouting for swans last year? Well-said, dark.

BassBuddah, thanks. I was gonna respond to Finchaser's post as well, but I can see he's already deleted it.

Anyway, my response was that I've been fortunate to learn a lot from the old-timers of the fishing world....Finchaser/OGB, the OFFC (Old Farts Fishing Club)...Surfwalker, Willy Young, Lilco Joe and some of the Montauk crew, some of the Sr members here, and some other old salts who I have come to know and treasure the advice they have given me.

Much of what I know today I learned the hard way through trial and error.

However, a good part of my knowledge base is reinforced and enhanced by these old-timers I'm fortunate to know.

I consider it a privelege to be able to pick the brains of people like Finchaser and the others mentioned. Their knowledge and years of experience far surpasses mine.

When you see some of my posts, the knowledge gained from them is certainly evident, and I have an eternal debt of gratitude to them.

Thanks all, for all you have done to open my eyes to many fishing issues, in the broadest possible sense. I'm just the chronicler, or reporter, here.