Thought I would put this up to have a discussion about general experiences in the back bays. I have seen a lot of people fishin the last few days, not much catchin. Discussions with these people tell me that most have a favorite fishin spot and stick to it. Others are a little more adventurous and start to ask themselves if they might not be better off moving to a different area of a bay, or if it makes sense to drive to a different bay entirely when the conditions are right. When I meet those people I know that they are on the beginning of a trip that will last a lifetime.

Once you know how to catch fish in one place, you should ask yourself what you did that got you that success?
Was it blind luck?
Was it skill and luck?
Do you have friends who fish all the time and simply listen to where they tell you to go?

Would you like to learn and understand why the bays are at times a bonanza of feeding fish and acres of baitfish, and why at others they are a barren wasteland?

If the answer to the last question was "Yes!" or if you know some of the answers, jump in and let's talk about some of the experiences you have had in the fall, and what you have learned.

I'll try to jump in and fill in when I get time, so if ya see blank posts, I'm sorry for now, but you people have good answers too, so let's see em!