Thread: Bomber Pencils

Default Bomber Pencils

So i saw the new Bomber brand pencils, nice and shiny silver, half the price of wood. Im thinking why not. Amazingly they don't post the weight on the box but i thought maybe it was a 2 oz due to the size. I bought one and gave it a go. After casting one and casting a 2oz wood. The bomber seems like 1 3/4 oz so i cant cast it as good. The side to side action is poor compared to wood too. So much for saving a few bucks. I guess this will be the blues in the wash plug.

I tried them too, like the cheap Tsunami wood. I say they are good to use when there are a lot of bluefish around. Otherwise I wish they would make them a little heavier. Maybe they really don't understand their market.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinmission78 View Post
    I tried them too, like the cheap Tsunami wood. .
    I don't know if you mean cheap like poor quality or cheap like good value, but I like the Tsunamis. I don't think they will hold up to a pounding on the rocks, but it's a lot less aggravating to lose a tsunami than a $35 plug. Of course, the standard bomber plugs are some of my favorite plugs for the rocks and rough surf in the fall. You can't go wrong, lose one and you're only out $6.

most plugs are reverse engineered or "borrowed" designs I thought it be hard to mess up a pencil

Same as Cotton Cordell's Pradco is changing all saltwater lures to the Bomber Label

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again