Thread: dredging the Shrewsbury River?

Default dredging the Shrewsbury River?

What is the story with all the dredge boats back there. Over the weekend they put this tube thing in the middle of the channel. So they are dredging I think, but to where?

I saw that over the weekend, Cowherder. Someone told me they were dredging the channel. There were a lot of large diameter dredge pipes in the water.

Is this such a smart idea with all the storms passing through lately?

I talked to the Shrewsbury dredge foreman earlier this week. He told me they were dredging the shoals in the river, from Sea Bright to the Oceanic Bridge. I think he said they would be depositing the dredge material back by that island, not exactly sure. Something about his contract limited to 3000 Cu yards.

As for the Monmouth Beach restoration Cowherder and Vpass, I tried to get confirmation if the dredge material from the river would be pumped over there, and got conflicting statements.

There is a huge restoration project going on now in Monmouth Beach. * I may incorporate that and some pics I took in this thread or start another thread. I'm seeing jetties in MB and Sea Bright that were covered in sand for years and are now visible and fishable. It's kind of cool, more structure, but we still have that pesky shallow water sandbar extending down most of the beach to contend with. It will be interesting to see how they put it back together.

Right now I'm trying to fish it every chance I get and learn all the MoCo beach areas all over again.

I talked to the owner of that tractor that got swamped at high tide on Wednesday. His job at MB is to add more boulders to the wall, and secure existing boulders. I asked him about the MB restoration from the dredging of shrewberry river, and it was news to him. I hope they leave it alone.

The tractor took no damage from siting in the water over night, incase you were wondering.