Thread: This is a great site!!!

Default This is a great site!!!

First Post from a new member!

I was turned on to this site by DarkSkies when me and my buddy met him at SH one night in June. What a great guy! A lot different from some fisherman I have met on the shore - friendly, freely shared knowledge, helpful tips, etc...and shared his bug spray with us (a life saver)!

Anyway, glad to be a member of stripers and anglers. Heading to SH thurs night for my second surf outing of the yr! Long way from Albany, but I can't wait! Hey Dark Skies, maybe I'll see you there!

2nd surf outing of the year? What took you so long?
    Welcome to the site, it's all good people, no whining. Good luck, catchemup.

Welcome aboard albanyguy. Do you do any freshwater fishing in Albany? How about Canadian pike trips.

Howdy AG!

Hey Albanyguy, what's up!

I met a bunch of different people up there this year. Some of the ones that stuck out in my mind were the ones who travelled so far. Did you guys say you drove 6 or 8 hours to get down here?

That's hardcore, a guy gettin in his vehicle to drive 4-8 hours and not even sure if the fishin is worth it.

Bug spray isn't needed at this time, though in the summer some of those frikkin skeeters were relentless. There were times we had clouds of them flyin above us. It did keep a lot of people from fishin the place at night.

I sent you an e-mail with my phone #. Give me a call when you're out there tonight. Hint: you need heavy metals, 2-4 oz to punch through the S wind right now if you're throwin artificials, and streamlined plugs (needles) or bucktails. Also sandeel or fin-s type teasers.

The forecast I looked at said the winds might be trending toward W this night when you guys are out, so it might not be that bad, though a lot of the water is dirty. There are fish around, if you can get out to them.
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...read.php?t=147

http://www.surfline.com/surf-report/...ortheast_5164/

Welcome aboard, call my number later on,. and I'll try to help ya's if I can.

sup dude welcome to striperznanglers.

Hi welcome aboard!

welcome

Welcome to S&A, AG!

Welcome to site. We're glad you joined.

Welcome. Dark is indeed a great guy.
    That is a long ride to the surf. But if you got the itch....ya got to scratch it.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Default basshunter/ledhead

basshunter:

many children and lots of hours at job keep me from the shore. Man, I wish I could go more.

ledhead:

... not much freshwater lately, but used to nail the smallmouth and walleye on the Mohawk River pretty good and trout on the Ausable, where my family has had a cabin for a long time.

I'm lookin' forward to floggin the surf this week. Lived inNJ for 6yrs and I miss the shore.