Thread: NJ fishing reports for November 1-15, 2009

Hybrid View

Default NJ fishing reports for November 1-15, 2009

Important when registering on our site -- use an active email address so you can activate your account to be able to post.

Please post fishing reports here.......as little or as much detail as you want to give.

Please note: NO SPOT BURNING! Posts burning spots will be Edited or DELETED!
    Some veteran fishermen have put in years developing and learning about certain spots.Some of these spots can only handle a few guys at a time. We are losing enough access as it is, due to the unfortunate behavior of a few selfish people. No sense in making it worse.

For some areas, it would be wiser to say:
    OutFront (Ocean) OR -- OutBack (Bay) -- if you feel too many people will figure out what you are talking about. "Spot burning" also could involve mentioning something specific only to that area. If you do this, your post may be edited, or deleted. Remember that thousands of people could potentially read these posts. You don't want to be fishing next to ALL of them at the same time!

IF you are fishing an area that is NOT residential, being vague is less critical. For example, it's acceptable to say (Any)Park, or (Any)Bay, or mention a specific state park that has loads of parking and can handle the crowds.

If you are unclear on this concept, ask yourself:

If I name this place on the internet, will it be too crowded for me to enjoy tomorrow when people hear I got 30 fish here today?

If the answer is "Yes", then you should probably not be so specific.
    More discussion on this:
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ead.php?t=3763

We post these reports so our community will have a sense of what is working, what is not. We want to show people how to catch fish, rather than where.Even if you struck out or got skunked, it would be helpful to hear that as well.

If you have any additional details you would like to share - weather conditions, tide (incoming, outgoing, ebb, flood) water temps, bait present, or other mention of techniques or plugs used - feel free.

Some acronyms -

SH - Sandy Hook
    NoMoCo - Northern Monmouth County (below the hook to Shark River Inlet SRI)
    SoMoCo - Southern Monmouth County (below SRI to Manasquan Inlet)

OC - Ocean County
    IBSP - Island Beach State Park
    LBI - Long Beach Island

AC - Atlantic County
    AI - Absecon Inlet
    CISP - Corson's Inlet State Park
    CMC - Cape May County
    CMR - Cape May Rips
    GEI - Great Egg Inlet
    TI - Townsend's Inlet

RB - Raritan Bay
    BB - Barnegat Bay
    CB - Chesapeake Bay
    CBBT - Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel
    DB - Delaware Bay

Somoco this morning, 6 bass to 32" on the outgoing tide, most of the bass hit a sluggo teaser. The waves are laying down, it's fishable.

Had Killie join me in OC this AM from 5:30-9 south wind gone water laying down and the fish turned on the feed bag

I had 13 bass 27" to 33" all on metal and teaser including a double header of teen agers

Killie had the hot hand over 25 bass all on metal and teaser

We dropped many more,all were released to fight another day.

There was nothing in the dark

The clammers got nothing

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Nice work Fin, I was in OC too think i picked a bad spot, bass were popping pretty good 5-10 yards from max cast, a few wandered in and they were a good class of fish also but i only got one.

This could be the best fall in years devolping, the conditions are the only thing keeping this from epic, i cant remember the last time seeing this many 27-34"s for fall

Should be illegal to set up clam lines when bass are on sand eels

Trolled some deeper channels in RB from 5-10a today, incoming and outgoing. A mess of 10+ blues and 2 bass to 18. We trolled white shads. On the way back we found some birds, under them were small blues and bass. Had a good 15 minutes of surface action casting slim metals. They were on small bait.

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    And I thought I did great with 7? Great catch killie! I fished in oc from 6-10. Managed 7 bass to 31" on a t-hex and sandeel teaser. This was great fishing, for once. I saw a lot of other guys hook up. The bite gradually petered out as the tide went out. Sandeels are there and the bass are eating them.

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    . Sandeels are there and the bass are eating them.

Don't want to be the bearer of bad news but I went back to the same place that for a week I've had at least 4 keepers per trip including 10 this AM and got the no bait,or fish to be had. All the sand eels were gone. same results for 11 guy's I know that fished in the area

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

I was out front fished for about 1 hour. I had to try. I'm back to work for a 1 1/2 weeks. I'm then on Vacation for another 3 Weeks. Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Had Killie join me in OC this AM from 5:30-9 south wind gone water laying down and the fish turned on the feed bag

I had 13 bass 27" to 33" all on metal and teaser including a double header of teen agers

A lot of people don't know the Killie story here. He's a great guy, and it's kind of a tradition to say when he comes down the fishing will turn off. Yet on this day with Fin, he made the right decisions that allowed a bunch of fishermen to catch em up, and good.

I'll let Fin tell the story if he wants, but for now will say that it wasn't like these guys just walked into fish. It took them a while that day to figure out the killer combo, and Killie was the guy who made the observations.

Great fishin, man, WTG!

Sunday morning fished NOMOCO from 5:30 to 10:00. Had decent fish on briefly, lost it, one other solid hit missed and landed 2 small fluke.
    This morning ocean county, WHITE WATER, fished 6:00 to 10:00. Caught 8 stripers between 24" and 28 ". 7 on the rubber teaser One on the Ava 37. I love fishing in this stuff. Like dark said, you have to be in the spot where they are. My cousin got a 32" striper on chartreuse teaser and a 10 pound blue on an Ava.
    Great time fishing these last two days, great looking fun to fish water.

Here is the surf.

Here is the teaser.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PB010004a.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	8088
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

a$$ mud and a dam big a$$ eel that was a trip i will soon not forget hey dark how is the finger i bet u wont do that again i am going to start work on the eyes on the rod i want to kill the buzzards luck so i am doing the work in a hour or so i need a bass this is killing me !!right place wrong time what is going with this carma hates my guts for some reason i guess i will just suck it up and just say my fishing is done till it get warm i cant buy a bass blue not evan junk fish its bin that way to long for me and its getting old fast and more

Quote Originally Posted by gjb1969 View Post
    a$$ mud and a dam big a$$ eel that was a trip i will soon not forget hey dark how is the finger i bet u wont do that again i am going to start work on the eyes on the rod i want to kill the buzzards luck so i am doing the work in a hour or so i need a bass this is killing me !!right place wrong time what is going with this carma hates my guts for some reason i guess i will just suck it up and just say my fishing is done till it get warm i cant buy a bass blue not evan junk fish its bin that way to long for me and its getting old fast and more
    Cmon man it ain't the end of the world. Fishin definitely does suck this year compared to all the great years you guys had. Don't sell your gear yet, there are still some stank azz swamps we have to check out searchin for those toothy eels! What a goog I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Sunday morning fished NOMOCO from 5:30 to 10:00. Had decent fish on briefly, lost it, one other solid hit missed and landed 2 small fluke.
    This morning ocean county, WHITE WATER, fished 6:00 to 10:00. Caught 8 stripers between 24" and 28 ". 7 on the rubber teaser One on the Ava 37. I love fishing in this stuff. Like dark said, you have to be in the spot where they are. My cousin got a 32" striper on chartreuse teaser and a 10 pound blue on an Ava.
    Great time fishing these last two days, great looking fun to fish water.

Here is the surf.

Here is the teaser.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PB010004a.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	8088
    Great video and effort Monty. Not too many guys were willing to stick it out yesterday. (You left out the part about how you were so far into the surf you got knocked on your azz, but still got up and fished again to get those fish) Some of the guys were standing as far away from the big surf as possible, which made long casts all that more difficult. There were some fish in the wash, but even for them you needed big sideways casts to counter the wind and riptide. You're a little too modest sometimes, bro.

There's something about a video. Pics are great, but a video brings it all to life, you can almost smell the ocean. That teaser is killer too. Thanks for posting it up.