Thread: Would you ever pay $100

Default Would you ever pay $100

Anyone ever try the Huddleston Deluxe? It retailed for $35 back in its day but due to the popularity of it anglers who found one would pay up to $100. Why would anyone pay $100 for a lure?

I would not pay that much. But for people with more money than they know what to do with, why not. Seems to me the last 2 months 95 percent of the fish are caught on teasers and metal (in NJ). Plugs caught more fisherman (me inclided) than fish. I still throw plugs (favorite way to fish). But for guys with lots of mulla, they see something they want, they buy it.
    Is a lure worth that much, to me not.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

The average lay person would be foolish to purchase one for $100. How would they feel if the first cast out it got snagged and they lost the lure?

^^ Um stripermania, they are talking about collectibles here. In all likelihood the guy would never fish it. I agree with you though, I would never pay some of the prices being asked just to own a rare plug. Some Habs are going for over $200. Too rich for my blood.

To non collectors someone told them it catches fish and they haven't learned yet it's the fisherman not the lure. We were on the beach this past weekend throwing simple metal metal slaying fish while many people with in feet never had a touch on the same lure.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

There are too many other lures available which will catch the same fish for me to spend $100 on one lure. Even if I had lots of money I would never spend that amount. Fishing is an expensive hobby at times so every dollar counts.