Thread: Vision Sand and Surf eels, Like or don't like?

Default Vision Sand and Surf eels, Like or don't like?

There's a lot of hype going on around about these. I don't have any connections to the Vision company, so I'd like to get an honest discussion going here.

Today I met up with a guy, we were talking about the fishin, and he had 10 packs in his truck.

10 packs at $8+/pack. Yikes!

I think all the rubber I own in the whole world cost me around $100, and this guy spent almost $100 on one item. No judging here, he obviously believes in them. And if you really believe what you are using will catch, it probably will, at least to a greater extent than something you DON'T believe in.

My opinion -

Cost:

Right off the bat I have to say I think the're waaay overpriced. The cost $2.66 apiece at least, and are garbage the minute a bluefish bites the tail off. So you run back to the tackle store and buy more packs, great for the tackle shop guy.

How about for the fisherman who's on a budget, are there better choices out there?

Durability:
    I've used them for a bit now, and think they are a pretty cool design. What I think works about them is that for most of the time, they stay on the bottom when the current in the ocean is strong. Things that stay on the bottom tend to attract bass.
    In the strike zone longer = more fish. That's elementary.

I also think the profile is a decent one. They do resemble the sandeels, although they are a lot thicker than any real sandeel.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP4773.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	8247

Before the bass were around in numbers, I honestly don't think they were any better or any worse than any other presentation out there. As I was explaining to someone today, when sandeels are around, a bomber is a fantastic presentation because it mimics the burrowing behavior of those sandeels. Therefore, you have a very inexpensive alternative in the bomber.

But are Vision sandeels more productive than Bombers?
    Are they significantly more productive than Diamond jigs or T-hexes, both of which last a very long time, rarely have to be replaced unless bit off, and both of which mimic the sandeel very well and can be used at night?

I would really like to know what you guys and girls think.

I tried them today when things seemed slow. Did not get anything on them.

i got some from tsunami they look good i will give them a shot if they work fine if not in the spring

I like Tsunami better they are tougher and half the price

My favorite is still a jig head with the DOA they out fish them all and are 10 for around $4

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    My favorite is still a jig head with the DOA they out fish them all and are 10 for around $4
    What he said. I'll never understand why you Jersey guys think you need to pay so much for rubber. DOA, Fin-S, Zooms, all will bring in big fish when small bait is around IF ya know how to work em.

Attachment 12756i did not pay much 2 bucks so we all dont pay to much i have doa fin-s zooms i want to mach the hach so here in nj we go and get the sand eels

Default Re: Vision Sand and Surf eels, Like or don't like?

Almost three years later and these are still popular. I could never bring myself to paying the asking price for a rubber sand eel.

Default Re: Vision Sand and Surf eels, Like or don't like?

^^ Jbarbosa I agee the visions too much money. They had them at the flea markets this spring for cheap. Some packs were selling for $2-3. Visions and tsunamis.