Thanks to Judy (shorelady) for all of her efforts. I was in contact with Jkay, and we tried to get some guys together to wade the surf to look for the drive. (this was before we realized it had been found)

I reached out to members of KFS to ask them to show up and work together. I will say that some of the members there were extremely helpful, and those who couldn't show up did some work behind the scenes, trying to get this back to John.

There were quite a few others who could have helped, but didn't. (scheduling conflicts)
Yet they had no scheduling conflicts in showing up there day after day, to fish for albies, good weather and bad...

So hopefully this is not taken as a rant against those who were in a position to help, and didn't, but more as a sincere thanks to Judy and one or 2 others.

On her own, Judy went there, looked for the drive, and IMO was mostly responsible for a lot of the coordination to help John get his drive back.

That's the kind of person Judy is, she goes above and beyond to help.

That's the way she was raised, and grew up in an era where people were less self-absorbed and were inclined to be helpful when called upon....

I hope I'm not embarassing her here, but if an award were given for kayaker most helpful to others, she would be a top candidate.
Thanks for all you have done to help others, Judy, and your ways of unselfishness and genuine concern for others....