Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost and found in NJ: Fishermens' and other finds

Default Lost and found in NJ: Fishermens' and other finds

Thought it would be a good idea to post up some lost and found, or anything you see. Maybe we can help reunite some of these things with the owners.

I lost my mind a few years ago. Does that count?

Default Lost and found in NJ: Fishermens' and other items

Over the weekend I talked to quite a few people who lost stuff. I felt bad for them. Thanks for starting this thread.

Feel free to post it up, whether you know the person or just saw it posted somewhere else. The more places we can get this info out, the better the chances of getting it back To them.

Default Lost tackle bag Point Pleasant, NJ

Met a fisherman driving around looking for the owner. He brought the bag to the PP police station, but still wanted to get the word out to as many people as possible.

If you or someone you know lost a bag in that area, call the Point Pleasant police. Describe the bag you lost and it's contents, if it's yours you'll get it back.

Good karma to the guy who went above and beyond to try to return that bag to its owner.

Default Lost rod and reel Point Pleasant

Someone sent this via e-mail.

Lost rod and reel.
    Call Wally at (732)-458-3663

for Wally!

Wally is a good friend and great guy

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Here's a tip ....just takes 5 min...but your name and contact number in your bag somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by madcaster View Post
    Here's a tip ....just takes 5 min...but your name and contact number in your bag somewhere.

Good advice.

Default Found: Rod and reel combo

G and I found it today when we fished S of PP in OC.

It wasn't a high-end setup, but I'm sure whoever lost it is bummed out. For obvious reasons I can't give more details. We posted a note on my van with my phone # as we went fishin.

However, no one called me yet, and I would really like to see this returned to it's rightful owner.

If you can contact me via PM or e-mail and tell me the street you lost it on and the make of the rod and reel, I'll be happy to return it.

If people read other message boards and want to post it up there as well, feel free. If I can't find the owner within 7-10 days, I'm gonna give it to someone I know who doesn't have much gear, or money to buy gear.

So please get in touch with me before I do that. Thanks, people.

Default good mojo

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    However, no one called me yet, and I would really like to see this returned to it's rightful owner.

If people read other message boards and want to post it up there as well, feel free. If I can't find the owner within 7-10 days, I'm gonna give it to someone I know who doesn't have much gear, or money to buy gear.
    Good mojo on you dark. I hope it gets back to whoever lost it.

It wasn't a high-end setup, but I'm sure whoever lost it is bummed out. For obvious reasons I can't give more details. We posted a note on my van with my phone # as we went fishin.

If you can contact me via PM or e-mail and tell me the street you lost it on and the make of the rod and reel, I'll be happy to return it.

Hey people I still have this rod and reel combo and would like to see it get back to its original owner. If anyone hears of someone who lost a combo south of Point Pleasant on 11/29 please let them or me know.

Another 7 days and I'll be giving away to someone else, so I would really like to make sure no one is actively looking for it before I do. Thanks, all.

I thought you had to hold it for 30 days before it becomes yours. At the end of the 30 I'll email you telling you it belongs to my long lost uncle Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    I thought you had to hold it for 30 days before it becomes yours. At the end of the 30 I'll email you telling you it belongs to my long lost uncle Joe.
    I'll do ya one better than that. If you can produce your long lost Uncle Joe, and he can tell me the street he lost it on, I'll give it back to ya with a brand new plug attached to it!

Default Found: Platte River cap

Found in a nomoco parking lot 12-4-09. If you know who lost it, let me know and I'll get it back to them ASAP. thanks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP5510.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	8537

We found the owner yesterday, happy ending to the story.
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ead.php?t=5582

Still waiting for someone to claim that Platte River cap, though.

That rod and reel belongs to me and it was returned to me on xmas eve by darkskies. Unbelievable. Thats all I can say.

Default Found: cell phone and fishermen's knife

I found a cell phone and fishermen's knife after fishing this morning, Monmouth county, Raritan Bay.

Phone: T-mobile
    Knife: fisherman's knife, name brand

For obvious reasons I can't give more details. The phone looks like the battery died and may have some damage.

However, I believe the phone contacts may still be able to be transferred or downloaded. I really want to get this back to it's owner. My phone took a dump last week and it was a bummer to lose my contacts. I can imagine how this guy must feel.

Feel free to let anyone at any site out there know about this. If anyone can pm or e-mail me here at the site with details of the phone and knife, I'll do my best to get it back to ya ASAP.

Bump for this guy's phone. I'lll try to hold on to it for another 30 days before I get rid of it.

Default Lost fishing net.

This was somewhere in Monmouth county today, in the afternoon, around 1pm. We and some others used it a few times to get our fish in, and realized as we went to leave that someone left it there.

I can't describe it for obvious reasons. If you or someone you know lost one on today 5-2 in that area, e-mail me with a description.

I would really like to see this net get back to it's rightful owner.

hey fellas found a bucket today in monouth county with several luers and other items in it if u lost it let me know...btw i will be using plugs in case of an emergency lol jfp

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast