Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lost and found in NJ: Fishermens' and other finds

Default Kayak gear found

Joe, did the bucket look anything like this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	googan white bucket effumall.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	12250

This was sent to me by one of our members.

"Found some gear yesterday and would like to get it back. Tell me where you lost it and what you lost."

BillDude, a kayaker friend of mine, found some kayak gear on 10/7/10. If you lost it, please contact him and he'll be glad to return ASAP.

Good mojo on ya Bill!

Default lost surf bag

The guy who lost it posted it on another forum. He lost it in Wildwood on Nov22, and hey, you never know, the more forums you post it on the better your chances are.

"Fishing in N. Wildwood today. Left the beach using the 1st Ave. exit. I lost my Aqua Skins surf bag somewhere along the way. It's the small, black, 4 tube bag, it had a wooden needle eel plug, krocodile, hopkins with a spro bucktail attached, x-rap lure, and 2 snag hooks. If anyone finds it, I would greatly appreciate its return. I'll even throw in a fishing trip by truck or boat to anyone who finds and returns it. You can reach me at: 609-425-9401.

Thanks!"

Default Lost Cabelas bag in Cliffwood Beach

I saw this on another site, and maybe some one might be able to help this guy. His internet name is jlapenta, here is the post-

"Had a senior moment this week, left a cabellas tackle bag at Cliffwood Beach last Thursday evening. Had a couple of containers inside, one with tackle, second one with a few plugs, headlight, sweatshirt.

I know its a long shot, but I thought I'd put it out there, in case someone ran across (or over) it."

lost bag in AH, the guy posted on aother site

Reward if FOUND and RETURNED!!
    Went Fishing out of the Highlands (108 Marina Bay Court) last week with Cpt Ray Burke of the Madd Gaffer. Had a great trip but left a small black tackle bag some where at the dock or in the parking lot. It had a lot of winter flounder rigs in it as well as some colored sinkers, circle hooks and leader material. I wouldnt be as upset about it if most of the winter flounder rigs in the bag weren't made by my father right before he passed. Any help in finding it would be greatly appreciated and rewarded. Thank you!! please email me at ConlonandCo@hotmail.com or call 610-385-3091 if it is found.

Good karma to you for posting that. He said those rigs were made by his father. He may never see that bag again but at least its worth a try. Thats one of the nicest things about this site, strangers trying their best to help each other.

Quote Originally Posted by surferman View Post
    lost bag in AH, the guy posted on aother site

. Any help in finding it would be greatly appreciated and rewarded. Thank you!! please email me at ConlonandCo@hotmail.com or call 610-385-3091 if it is found.
    Just a fyi, dudes, there is a $100 reward for that bag.
    This was posted by the guy that lost it, Uncle Connie I think his name is.

"$100.00 Reward still stands!!
    Its still out there some where... "

Found a kayak cart at the Allenhurst Boardwalk this afternoon. They are at the Police department. Call and describe them. 732 531-2255.

Capt loses tuna gear and dog when car is stolen.
    Man if they took my car with my dog, God help them if they found them, I would break thier legs with a baseball bat! Ristori reported this on Tues. Hope you get the dog back, Capt. "Capt. Lou Grazioso of Striper Mania suffered more than a material loss when his car was stolen in Hazlet a couple of days ago, as his four-year-old yellow lab, Dusty, was in the car. Grazioso's tuna tackle, including Shimano rods and reels, was also in the car. Anyone hearing of Shimano tuna tackle being offered for sale by individuals should get in touch with the police and call Grazioso at 732 687-7673 as that clue could lead to recovery of the one thing he's most concerned about -- his dog."

Quote Originally Posted by Shorelady View Post
    Found a kayak cart at the Allenhurst Boardwalk this afternoon. They are at the Police department. Call and describe them. 732 531-2255.
    Cart was claimed over the weekend. A fellow kayker who was with me when I found the cart was at Allenhurst over the weekend and saw a guy dragging his yak down the cement ramp. He made a suggestion to him about getting a cart. The guy replies that he had left it on the boardwalk at Allenhurst a few months ago. My fellow yaker told him I had found one and it was at the police station. The guy who lost his cart described it perfectly. He was one very happy and thankful kayaker!
    What are the odds of one person who was with me, running into the guy who lost it a few months later...??

^ Wow how much of a coincidence is that! Great story shorelady, may that act act of kindness bring you a giant fluke this season.

As the world turns, one good deed deserves another. Good for you shorelady, must be a great feeling to get that back to him.

Judy is someone who has always been considerate and thoughtful of others. Great story on the return, Judy, thanks for sharing.

Nice to see something returned back to its owner, good job shorelady!

One of the Kayakers that came in at Monmouth Beach on Sunday 10/2 had a pretty rough landing and lost his mirage drive. (a mirage drive is about 3 foot long, has pedals and fins and propels hobie kayaks) They are also very expensive. If anyone finds it, please call him at 973-896-5377.

Very nice of ya to do that, Shorelady.
    In my travels the last 24 hours, I passed by there, no sign of the drive.

I'm thinkin it would be a good idea to post a sign up by the entrance there. Maybe I'll call him and suggest it. The thing is, when something like this happens, the intel needs to get out there ASAP, and delivered in different mediums. There are many out there who have no use for the internet and are there every day. I talked to 3 such fishermen this morning. If they found something like that they would be more than happy to get it back to John, if they only knew he was looking for it.
    Thanks as always for doing your part.

Good mojo on you guys for trying to get the guy his stuff back.

lost tackle manahawkin - the guy posted this on another site

Looks like someones bucket blew out of their truck going over the 72 causway. Bucket is shot but I have your tackle. Give me a shout and let me know what you lost. 856.305.3748

Quote Originally Posted by Shorelady View Post
    One of the Kayakers that came in at Monmouth Beach on Sunday 10/2 had a pretty rough landing and lost his mirage drive. (a mirage drive is about 3 foot long, has pedals and fins and propels hobie kayaks) They are also very expensive. If anyone finds it, please call him at 973-896-5377.

I read that a guy in MB found a drive and was asking the kayakers if anyone lost one. His name is slim and he drives a gold car. Hope you end up hooking up with him. Thanks for looking out for others.

The owner of the drive (JKAY) finally got slim's number from the kayaker (Gus) that Slim had talked to. Slim had been dealing with a death in the family and will contact JKAY (the owner of the drive) very soon to meet him and return it. The magic of the internet and word of mouth! Thanks to so many people for asking others about the drive!

^ Good news, the drive was returned, I found this report-

UPDATE - The drive was returned today. I was finally able to meet up with Slim today and he had the drive with him. He found it over a mile north of where I crashed in the surf. I gladly parted with the $100 reward that I promised him and gave him a bunch of thank you's. He then said, "let me show you some of the rivers and creeks in the area." I spent the next 75 minutes following him around to some great looking fishing grounds that had kayak launches right there or nearby. What a great guy. I got an off-the-water guide service to boot.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast