Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lost and found in NJ: Fishermens' and other finds

Thanks to Judy (shorelady) for all of her efforts. I was in contact with Jkay, and we tried to get some guys together to wade the surf to look for the drive. (this was before we realized it had been found)

I reached out to members of KFS to ask them to show up and work together. I will say that some of the members there were extremely helpful, and those who couldn't show up did some work behind the scenes, trying to get this back to John.

There were quite a few others who could have helped, but didn't. (scheduling conflicts)
    Yet they had no scheduling conflicts in showing up there day after day, to fish for albies, good weather and bad...

So hopefully this is not taken as a rant against those who were in a position to help, and didn't, but more as a sincere thanks to Judy and one or 2 others.

On her own, Judy went there, looked for the drive, and IMO was mostly responsible for a lot of the coordination to help John get his drive back.

That's the kind of person Judy is, she goes above and beyond to help.

That's the way she was raised, and grew up in an era where people were less self-absorbed and were inclined to be helpful when called upon....

I hope I'm not embarassing her here, but if an award were given for kayaker most helpful to others, she would be a top candidate.
    Thanks for all you have done to help others, Judy, and your ways of unselfishness and genuine concern for others....

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    There were quite a few others who could have helped, but didn't. (scheduling conflicts)
    Yet they had no scheduling conflicts in showing up there day after day, to fish for albies, good weather and bad...

So hopefully this is not taken as a rant against those who were in a position to help, and didn't, but more as a sincere thanks to Judy and one or 2 others.

On her own, Judy went there, looked for the drive, and IMO was mostly responsible for a lot of the coordination to help John get his drive back.

That's the kind of person Judy is, she goes above and beyond to help.

Hey dark, that's the way of the world, a lot of folks are only out for themselves. Shorelady, good mojo on you, hope you catch a cow this year.

Lost knife....

Someone lost a folding fishing knife, Sunday night 11-6-11.
    Contact me with a description, and I'll get it back to ya.
    I'll hold onto this for a month, and then give it away to someone I fish with.

Default $200 reward for black tackle bag with flounder rigs

This gentleman lost it last year and still has not recovered it. I sincerely doubt he will get it back but you never know. Getting it back would truly be a happy ending. He said his Dad made some of the rigs in the bag. Good luck to you Uncle Connnie.

"TTT- hoping the new season finds someone who fishes the AH or SH area with an extra black bag fiilled with Flounder gear that they found last year is willing to return it to its rightful owner. Have to try! Thanks for understanding. Please see information in string below.

Went Fishing out of the Highlands (108 Marina Bay Court) last week with Cpt Ray Burke of the Madd Gaffer. Had a great trip but left a small black tackle bag some where at the dock or in the parking lot. It had a lot of winter flounder rigs in it as well as some colored sinkers, circle hooks and leader material. I wouldnt be as upset about it if most of the winter flounder rigs in the bag weren't made by my father right before he passed. Any help in finding it would be greatly appreciated and rewarded. Thank you!! please email me at ConlonandCo@hotmail.com or call 610-385-3091 if it is found. "

Found a fishing net.....4-13-12

Pebbles and I were fishing last Fri night 4-13-12
    We found a net at one of the places we stopped at....

I really don't want to be any more specific than that..
    I know most of the regulars who fish there and may eventually get it back to the owner...

But just in case someone reading this knows someone who left a net behind last Fri...contact me via PM and I'll get it back to you....if I don't find it's owner within 30 days I'll give to someone who needs it.....

If not you can use it for butterflies when your out scouting swans for your next photo shoot.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

^^

Lost pocket knife at Corsens-

From the barn, the guys name is MeatHead

I was fishing with the kids at Corsons yesterday and i dropped my Case Pocket knife. just wondering if anyone found it? i know its a long shot but it was an anniversery present. it has a bass pro shop emblem on it and a bone grip. we where on the beach, boat ramp side near the third sign that says no beachin or launching of water craft. we did manage one throw back flounder.

Default Re: Lost and found in NJ: Fishermens' and other items

He lost a sunfish in ocean city.

Our blue 15' sunfish must have blown off the lift in the past week or so. Just noticed it missing yesterday. Lost in the public ramp area. We have a bayfront home a block north of the ramp. No mast or sail or rudder. Couple of ropes on it that should have been used to tie it down. We think the plug was in so it should be floating. Any help locating is greatly appreciated.

Someone lost a gopro at monmouth beach
    732-687-2765
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lost gopro.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	16039

Some one found a rod and reel and turned it in to the Sea Girt police. good job on turning it in hope the owner finds it.
    "This surf rod and reel is a custom set up that is quite valuable. If anyone lost or left a surf rod and reel on a Sea Girt beach in the last day or two please call Sea Girt Police Dept 732-449-7300 ext 418. Officer Kevin Davenport."

Lost rod in somers point - not mine just passing along the info

I recently lost my Penn Gold 975 Reel & Shimano Talavera Pole at Boat Ramp in Somers Point down the road from Dolfin Dock @ the Marina. I was getting ready to load boat on trailer when Fish & Game Conservation Officers came to boat dock to perform an inspection. I was trying to tie boat off with my son when I laid my pole on floating fiberglass dock. Long story short after the inspection and pulling boat out of water the pole and reel was left on dock. Im hoping that there are still some good people out there and if they seen it or knows of somebody that may have picked it up if they would possible see this ad. If so I would be willing to give reward for it. Please let me know asap. Sick to my stomach. Always worth a try. 609-929-2632.

Saw this on facebook posting so they might get it back.

Century rod with a VS 150. Left in Bay Head at Egbert st. If found please message me or call Ronnie at Fishermen's Supply 732-892-2058

I don't know if this belongs here, it's more of an alert. Read on the internet that a couple of cars and trucks were burglarized up at the hook on Wednesday. I guess some of the gear stolen will show up on eBay or Craigslist so keep a watch out for it and post if you see a bunch of stuff suddenly appearing. For the rest of the guys out there, be careful!

Lost in ibsp. I am posting this to help the guy.

"I lost a Star rod and Pflueger reel in the surf at Gilligans last week. At chance somebody snagged it? If so, please give me a call. (267) 994-9582. Ed"

Nice gesture.

this was lost in the park. I am posting it so maybe he ends up getting connected with it again.

LOST PLUG BAG
    Hey all, need some help here.
    Black 4 tube unmarked Gear Up bag FULL of plugs is missing! Last night I was parked directly infront of the Judges Shack at IBSP, left around 1130pm and drove the beach north and exited at gilkens. I then headed to H street in Sea Side with the thought of plugging that area. I must have f*ed up and left it on my cooler rack and it fell off somewhere on the beach. If anyone found it or heard of anyone finding a bag please contact me, Thanks everyone, tight lines.
    Cell- 610 639 0723

So kind of you to post that. Hope he gets his plug bag and stuff back.

Brian Donohue from NJ Advance media posted this on FB. Anyone knows the guy hayden who lost it please help him out.

"FOUND SURF BAG:I found a surf/tackle bag on the sidewalk in the Sandy Hook area today that someone appears to have left behind after fishing. I am looking for its owner to return it. Please reply if you or someone you know lost a bag. There is a phone number on the bag and the name "Hayden" but I can't read the number as it's completely blurry from water damage. Of course I'm not posting any further description - whoever contacts me will have to describe it so we don't get any opportunists!Please feel free to repost or share this or post anywhere so we can get this guy his bag back."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast