Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lost and found in NY: Fishermens' and other items

This fella's screen name is psycho69. He was fishing near jones inlet. Needle in a haystack if he gets his gear back but stranger things have happened:
    "near J1 lost rod - Lost my ugly stick today drifting fluke really would love to get it back.IF ANYONE FINDS it I would really appreciate getting it back. It had a shimano bailcaster reel. Thank you and tight lines. "

found a plug bad. His name is nightstalkerr on noreast.

Found lost surf bag last night while fishing fire island. Please PM me with details and your contact info and I will get it back to you!! I am traveling for the rest of this week and will meet up when I get back. I'm hoping this report finds the rightful owner!

Read on another site-
    LOST MY LEXUS KEY ON SATURDAY MORNING FISHING AT GREAT KILLS, STATEN ISLAND. I SUSPECT THAT TWO KAYAKERS PARKED NEXT TO ME AT THE CROOKS POINT PARKING LOT WITHHOLDING INFORMATION. IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE MISSING KEY PLEASE CONTACT ME AT 646-536-7517. THANKS IN ADVANCE AND FOR KEEPING IT HONEST...

marine parkway bridge- went out fishing on my friends boat friday and was doing some fishing i cast my line out and i leaned my rod up aganist the boat for a sec and went to go rinse my hands off after i put the bait on...I guess it snagged the bottom before i know it my rod lifts up and goes striaght into the water .. i tried to snag it with trebble hooks but no such luck ive had this rod for 12 years it was my favorite rod.
    Read It on noreast and username is killintheblues.

He lost a tsunami and abu to a shark hope it gets reunited with it again
    "Fishing today Jones Beach Field 6, must have had a large shark, but I forgot to set my drag and my rod and reel shot straight into the water. 99.9% of the time I set my drag, this is the .1% of the time I didn't. The rod shot right into the water at about 90 mph. If you happen to run across a Tsunami rod with an Abu Garcia reel please call or text me at 516-610-4839."

This was posted on noreast. Member name is brea1127.

keep eye out for stolen gear

Please Be aware that these items stolen from my home in Long Beach, please pm Robert with any input on these items. Thank You, police report made 15ish tackle shops notified most of the buy sell trade guys contacted and watching all online sites. Black ZeeBaas 25 hetat shrink over knob Black Vanstaal 200 w/power knob Silver Vanstaal 250 w/power knob Penn 550ssg w/vanstaal knob Penn 550 ssg Penn 450 ssg Penn Conflict CFT5000 Penn conquer 4000 Fiberstar 10'6" Maroon Blank custom built no markings Heat shrink bottom wrap built by frank ward CTS 11ft S-8 Model Custom build only marking is CTS logo Lamiglas Ron Arra 11ft 1-3 oz w/custom Paco grip heat shrink bottom 9 ft. honey lamiglas custom build just done - no markings - black hear shrinked grip cork foregrip marble graphics above foregrip buily by frank ward keep em bent 8ft honey lamiglas custom brand new condition by Johnny's tackle MTK NY on Label 8ft st. croix Ben Doore custom by stan rocky point fishing station/stop no markings 8 ft Fenwick brown 9 guide custom older rod 7 ft Lamiglas inshore blue blank stock rod blue van staal double row surf bag w/ custom 13 tube insert 20-25 misc lures 12 plus tins /bucktails some shads Blackhawak utility belt w/ a couple d-rings / aqua skinz clips/ smart coil lanyards C&R vinnie Fiorelo custo 2 slot plier holster black/white front = brand new 60 lb Lipper scale in new condition vanstaal stainles pliers

That has to be at least 15,000 dollars worth of tackle! sounds like he was targeted or someone knew him that he had all that stuff, hope you find it and they prosecute those creeps.

Lost rod. Just read this-
    "I lost my favorite rod my dad brought me before he died and it fell into the water. It was a custom fluke set up with a*daiwa*Lexa. It has green wraps and a fluke emblem on it. I lost it by Kennedys pier right after marine park. Im devastated by losing it. If returned to me, I will give a reward $$$$$ thanks contact me on Facebook Steven Thomas. Steventhomasf89@yahoo.com or just comment or message me thanks. Good luck to all."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12