WTG on the catches Monty. You caught those bass on a day when a lot of guys were out and couldn't even pull one out of the water. I know you have put in many hours without decent numbers of fish, congrats.

A new body of bass appeared in the ocean. This morning they hit very small bait 1-1 1/2" long, maybe rainfish or some other juvenile baitfish, activity was in very few places.

Most of the bass were smaller, but some up to 34" were caught.

I fiished 2:30-8:30PM.

2:30-5:30
5 bass to 24". 1 on sluggo, 3 on metal, Ava007, 1 on magdarter. It was a slow pick, you had to work for the fish. Bite shut off at sunset, even though I met a guy who got a 29" bass a little after on a rubber eel teaser.

Be aware that the guy was casting for a few hours before he got his fish. These fish are not all over. Right now they only seem to be concentrated when bait shows up. Today, the W/NW winds brought bait closer to the beach and fish were caught.

I don't want to mislead or give unrealistic hope to anyone here. I believe 90% of the biomass has passed us already and is in the Delaware and Chesapeake bay areas.

5:30-8:30
The night bite is not too productive right now, unless you fish from steel structure, lighted areas or areas with current that are on the fish migration highway. I fished all my best places before I called it a night because I had caught fish earlier and thought it was worth a shot. 3 hours of night casting, not a tap. I say this to prevent other people from wasting their time at night like I did.

Looking forward:
Get out in the daytime, ya might run into some fish. Look for bait or working birds, and fish the best holes you can find. As the water gets colder, if you don't find one of those, your chances diminish with every degree the water drops. There are herring being caught in LI now, that could change things up a bit as they start to filter into the usual areas here.