Thread: Hey Everyone

Default Hey Everyone

Got an invite from Bunker Joe through a Craigslist add I was running...Figured I'd joing and check it out...I'm into North Shore Surf fishing and some Party Boat fishing.

Welcome to Dark's site.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Whas that?

Hey welcome, WormOurbourous. Where the heck did you get that name? And the avatar is pretty cool too.

The Worm Ouroboros

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
    The Worm Ouroboros
    Original CoverAuthorEric Rücker EddisonIllustratorKeith HendersonCountryUKLanguageEnglishSeriesThe Zimiamvian SeriesGenre(s)Fantasy novelPublisherJonathan CapePublication date1922Media typePrint (Hardback)Pagesxiv, 448 ppISBNNAThe Worm Ouroboros (1922) is a heroic high fantasy novel by Eric Rücker Eddison. The book describes the protracted war between the domineering King Gorice of Witchland and the Lords of Demonland in an imaginary world that appears mainly medieval and partly reminiscent of Norse sagas.
    A half-finished framing story describes this world as Mercury, though it is clearly a fantasy version of Earth, a "secondary world"; no effort was made to conform to the scientific knowledge of Mercury as it existed at the time of writing (the world even has a moon, which Mercury does not). At a number of points the characters refer to their land as Middle earth, used here in its original sense of "the known world", and the gods worshipped have the names of deities from Greek mythology. The framing device disappears a few paragraphs into the second chapter, and Eddison never refers to it again.
    The work is slightly related to Eddison's later Zimiamvian Trilogy, and collectively they are sometimes referred to as the Zimiamvian series.

Wow that's pretty deep!

I don't care that your name is worm ouroboros, what I really want to know is can you say "Zimiamvian Trilogy" 5times fast! Welcome to the site, Worm ouroboros, or may we call you worm o for short?

Welcome Worm Ouroboros. Dark purchased the site from Bunkerjoe a while ago. We never got around to changing the email. I guess I will have to work on that this weekend.

Glad you decided to join. It's a nice community here, lots of laughs and info exchanged.

Thanks for the welcome folks. Actually my name is not from that book but from a song by a Stoner/Doom Metal band that I like called Black Pyramid.

Quote Originally Posted by The Worm Ouroboros View Post
    Thanks for the welcome folks. Actually my name is not from that book but from a song by a Stoner/Doom Metal band that I like called Black Pyramid.

duuuuuuuuuuuude! im burnin a tree right now and checkin out the vids, that flame thing is killer! great ****!!!!!

Welcome to stripers and anglers.

Welcome, WormOuroboros!

Hey welcome aboard! I like your taste in music, so I already like ya. How has the North shore fishin been this year? I only got a chance to get up there a few times.

Ever fish Orient? Incredible current. Take a look at this thread:

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ead.php?t=4367

(post #19)

How about the south shore, been down there yet this season? We're waiting for those big fish in NJ, we may have gotten a partial delivery today.

Welcome aboard Worm Ouroboros. Cool song.

Hello and welcome! You seem to march to the beat of a different drummer, that's good.