Thread: Anyone try these gloves

Default Anyone try these gloves

I am looking for a new pair of gloves that are waterproof, breathable and most importantly tight fitting. I heard that sealskins are reliable. Has anyone tried these or can you recommend something?

I settled on the mitten type glove. Where they fold, so you can fish with your finger exposed and then put them in the mitten to warm-up. Whatever gloves I found with covered fingers made casting tough. The ones that just uncovered the one finger I also did not like. Going to look for the ones you mentioned tonight.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Quote Originally Posted by plugcrazy View Post
    I am looking for a new pair of gloves that are waterproof, breathable and most importantly tight fitting. I heard that sealskins are reliable. Has anyone tried these or can you recommend something?
    Some of the reviews below. What would you think after reading them? I won't buy them. I like the wool fingerless gloves, similar to what Monty said. The only drawback to the wool is after you get it wet you're done. I don't fish much in the cold anyway, so the wool ones are good enough for me, and cheap.

'GREAT MONEY WASTER'Strengths:
    Would Burn for longer than most gloves.Weaknesses:
    Terrible fit.
    Not waterproof, there claims of waterproofness are based on 60secs under 2mm of calm water.
    Cold
    Difficult to put on.
    Pricey seen as you could buy a cheap pair from Wal-mart that would do the job better.
    Sweaty.Overall:
    I've tried all Sealskin products now (cause i brought them alltogether as a deal) The gloves and the beanie, check my other review, are a total waste of money. The socks are OKish.

'BO.....KS IVE BEEN HAD?'Strengths:
    Not sure. Weaknesses:
    Dont do what they say they do on the packet. Overall:
    Mine stayed dry for about 5 minutes. Then they started leaking. After that they just soaked up the water like blotting paper. I ended up taking them off and putting up with the icy rain.