Thread: Stevie's Plugs for sale

Default Stevie's Plugs for sale

Met this guy the other day. He's retired and a jack of all trades, with experience in different aspects of construction. He also makes plugs for fun and to catch fish!

He makes metal-lip swimmers, pencils, bottle darters, needlefish, and one or 2 other types.

I have permission to post the pics and might put up more the next time I run into him.

For now, all I can say is he is a low volume local NJ plug maker who makes a few and sells a few. He said it's ok to talk about it a bit, but when it's time to fish, he will only sell from his inventory.

If ya want it and he doesn't have it, he won't be able to make another one until the fish are gone for the winter.

So if ya see a shorter Italian guy, in his 50's, or you recognize this design, you'll know it's him.

Default Prices and where to find him

Prices range from $15-$25. All the plugs he uses have bite marks, and he does well with them. Lately he has been throwing a lot of off-the-shelf metal, and some of his custom needles. His recent memorable catches were an 18# and a 25# during the last time we had the NW winds.

I liked the needle he had, so I convinced him to sell me one from his surf bag, a 2.5 oz beauty that casts a mile. The pic will show rusty hooks. Hey, it's the last one he had that day, and he sold it to me.

I also scored a nice green bottle plug for rough seas, big enough not to get lost in the waves.

If you can't find him on the beach in Moco, you will find him daily hanging with some old-time sharpies in the back at Leonardo. Nice meeting ya, Stevie!

I'll try to post more info the next time I bump into him.

Default Steve D's plugs for sale

I think the needle is 2.5 oz, the thing casts like a rocket.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP5153.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	8407

Name:	IMGP5157.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	8408

Green bottle plug, 2 oz. If you ever bought plugs from a guy who puts chartreuse cardboard backing in the bag, that's Steve D.

Name:	IMGP5154.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	8409

Name:	IMGP5155.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	8410

Name:	IMGP5156.jpg