Thread: Happy Thanksgiving!

Hybrid View

Default Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Back at ya!and to all

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Happy Thanksgiving Pebbles, Dark and Everyone.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Happy Thanksgiving

Default Thanks to all!

I'm thankful for a lot of things this Thanksgiving,, even though there has been lots of sadness.

I'm thankful for my family members who are still alive, and grateful I get to share some more experiences with them, just for today.

I'm thankful for my sobriety. There might still be a slight mental illness in my head but at least the drinking and drugs are not knocking at the door any more. That's why I try to help so many people, to give back what was given to me freely.

I'm thankful to Pebbles and the common sense discussions we have, and the shared laughter.

I'm thankful for all the people I know and have met in the fishing world. I try to have a blast every time I'm out there, I hope my enthusiasm is contagious.

I'm thankful for the members of this site, their initiative in helping their fellow anglers, and their maturity in not making this a place where I have to spend hours moderating arguments and fights.

Good wishes and thoughts to you all, and your families, and especiially those who are going through a time of suffering now. I hope things will get better, and they will, if you can just hang in there.

Happy Thanksgiving Day, people!

God bless all of you. I wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    I'm thankful for the members of this site, their initiative in helping their fellow anglers, and their maturity in not making this a place where I have to spend hours moderating arguments and fights.
    I'm thankful for all the people who have helped me. Some of you guys are so cool, and actually care about whether I catch fish or not. I am thankful for my family too, and that I still have a job. Happy thanksgiving everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    I'm thankful for a lot of things this Thanksgiving,, even though there has been lots of sadness.

Well today was not a great fishin day for me, the man without a plan. But it was a great day nonetheless. I got to fish one more time with the OFFC, and realized again how grateful I am to have people think of me. They saw I was throwin with a 2 piece and sometimes separating it with the banzai casts , so they presented me with a custom built 9'2" lamiglass rod built by Fishjay many years ago.

At first I tried to buy it from him, but he insisted it was a gift. It's hard for me to accept things from people, and I'm glad I let him do that for me.

Guys, from the bottom of my heart, I will fish that rod with pride and will call ya's the first fish I land on it. Ya gotta be thankful the night bite is dead now, otherwise I'd be callin ya at 3am!

Thanks again, guys. I'm glad I met ya's that fateful day a few years ago. God Bless you all and may he look out for you, in case King Neptune doesn't.