Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: West Wind Wally thread... a SHOWDOWN! NE vs NW fishin....[PARENTAL ADVISORY]

Default West Wind Wally fishing report Monday 11-30-09

Here ya go!

Default Video loading suggestions for HD vids now being posted on Vimeo and Youtube

Some people are still dealing with older computers and mentioned they had trouble loading these videos. I compiled a list of suggestions for those people to make it easier to view.

The chief issue is having enough RAM, but you can get around that with a little patience. I'll post these helpful instructions in a day or so....

I have found that on Vimeo, if you have trouble streaming the video as it is loading here is the solution.

Open the video, click pause immediately when it starts, wait for the video to completely load (you should see the green bar filling up from left to right).

Once the video completely loads, unpause and you will have a stutter free video because it is already in your computers memory.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Here ya go!

You are sick and twisted DS, keep em comin.
    I think you're too politically correct, you should just call a *** a ***, less words that way.

Thanks for the suggestion, C4. Any others who have their own tips, feel free to add them. In the end, I'll try to put it together in one post for people who have older PCs.

There was some good action in the daylight today, There are still some decent fish to be caught, but it should be a majority of smaller fish from now on. (except for today) There are herring being caught in LI now, that could change things up a bit as they start to filter into the usual areas here.

Here's the latest post by Capt Ron Santee of the Fisherman. The sentiments of Capt Ron are probably echoed by a majority of party boat captains at this point. This is the reality we face, except for a few days or hours of hot fishing, with lots of fishless time in between:

A post from Captain Ron on the Fisherman from monday 11/30
    Not a good bite again today as we covered the miles looking for signs of life.
    Read fish, would stop and catch a couple bass and an odd bluefish then that was it. Tried to get back on them, the'd be gone!
    Finished up back in the channels with the same conditions and same type of bite, by then the rain had started, time to go.
    Even the Bluefish that were so abundant the past two weeks have taken a break or have just moved on...
    Same situation every year, we catch the hell out of them for a week or so, they leave with the main body of bait, the weather gets cold then the smaller fish take over to finish out the season. I'll let you know when the "Fat lady has Sung".....Capt.ron

Wow you're really out there, Dark, somewhere in deep dark space.
    Great stuff, keep em comin!

Default West Wind Wally Thur report 12-3-09

West wind wally was out again and on the beach!

West wind wally was out again and on the beach!

The fish are choowwwwwwwwwin! Stupendously twisted, funny as hell. I don't know what else to say. Keep up the twisted work.
    As for the noreasters, I like northwest wind better. It can be a good bite at the beginning of the noreaster if bait is pushed into the wash, but I think someone already said that here.

Default 12-4-09 Friday west Wind Wally fishing report

One of the best so far...
    I'm not rehearsing em beforehand any more, completely ad-libbed, mistakes and all, no edits.

West Wind Walley Rocks! It is so funny I am . Great Job Dark!

One of the best so far...
    I'm not rehearsing em beforehand any more, completely ad-libbed, mistakes and all, no edits.

I guess you're good friends with Finchaser, can I ask you a question then, Is he really that crabby in real life or do you just play it up for the internet?

Classic comedy with an aggressive twist, that's what I would call it. I just got your pm about the www series, dark, and I heartily approve. The stripers have left us and I'm bored. I think you might even be able to put out a line of t-shirts soon, who knows. Keep us laughing, this world could always use a little humor, and thanks for all you do.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinmission78 View Post
    You are sick and twisted DS, keep em comin.
    I think you're too politically correct, you should just call a *** a ***, less words that way.

What he said twisted fun! Dark I noticed you're breathing heavy in the videos, are you a smoker, or are you doing something with Wally before you prop him up?

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    I guess you're good friends with Finchaser, can I ask you a question then, Is he really that crabby in real life or do you just play it up for the internet?
    He's a certified Old Grouchy Bassturd, which from now on I'll abbreviate as OGB.

They don't make em any grouchier than that! But with all his rants and raves, deep down it's because he's seen the striped bass fishery fall apart before his very eyes, get rebuilt again, and it's now about to fall apart again. He's mad as hell about it, and will give concrete facts, figures, and internet data to anyone who'll listen.

He's also a true friend and extemely generous guy...with his time, the things he does for those less fortunate, and the priceless advice he dispenses. (but God help ya if ya don't follow the advice he gives, you become destined to be in "Killie-land" )

I'm glad our paths crossed, and am honored to know him, who he really is. A tough guy with a heart of gold.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieTuna View Post
    I think you might even be able to put out a line of t-shirts soon, who knows. Keep us laughing, this world could always use a little humor, and thanks for all you do.
    I'll let it build some recognition for awhile. Meanwhile, anyone who needs great quality T-shirts or any kinds of signs at reasonable prices, call Killie, AKA the fishing curse. He'll treat ya right and give you good value for your $$.
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ead.php?t=5183

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    What he said twisted fun! Dark I noticed you're breathing heavy in the videos, are you a smoker, or are you doing something with Wally before you prop him up?
    I try to do the videos on a covert ops basis, quick in and out, no witnesses to the madness. It's kinda freaky for people to see a grown man at the beach talking to a rubber lizard and filming it. I could get locked up ya know.

So I'm usually running to a spot where I might have 2 minutes of clear film time, and might have to quickly change location when someone comes to fish, jog on the beach, walk their dog, etc. Hence the heavy breathing.

It ain't easy being me.

Default Noreast fishin - POV video

I got knocked down and bounced around on the outer bar as the tide came in today because there seemed to be some fish siittin in the outer trough just beyond.

Here's a POV for anyone who hasn't been there and thinks it's a great place to be, fishin in a Noreaster.

Waves ain't that big, but the 3 sec duration and double waves made it challenging.

Default 12-5-09 West wind wally Saturday report

Wally made an appearance today, and has some interesting things to say about SharkHart.

Here ya go:

I just googled "restraining order"
    Last edited by SharkHart; 12-05-2009 at 07:11 PM. Reason: typo

^^ Believe me it ain't too flattering, but you'll get over it....

I have to sit down with "Wally" and give him some video effect tips

^ All kidding aside, I think that's your best yet. Someday I'm gonna learn to edit like that, awesome.

( I still say ya ain't got the balz to eat half a raw shark heart.)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast