Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
How could I resist the advice of these well-meaning and friendly fishermen, who were having the time of their lives catching the big bluefish that no one else seemed interested in? The Dad told me he had just caught and released a 15# blue a few minutes ago.

I got caught up into filming them, and didn't get any fish. I gradually switched it up to bunker after Jim's Dad Steve landed a 15# bass livelining the bunker.

Anyone who says bluefish will hit anything, you would have been schooled today by these 4 guys. They epitomized the true nature of what being a fisherman means to me.

They saw the situation.
They tried all the artificial presentations they had.
When that didn't work, they realized a change of plans was in order.
That's why they had bunker heads on the hopkins tins. They came to the beach without bunker snags, but weren't so set in their ways that they couldn't improvise.
Once they saw bunker was the ticket, they intensified ther efforts, and were the high hooks for that area today.

The best fishermen out there can improvise on the spot. Why limit yourself by artificials alone. I been in the midst of huge bluefish blitzes on bunker when the only thing they will hit is the meat. The videos were excellent, though if I were fishing next to ya I think my ears might hurt.