Thread: Strange but true thread: outrageous behaviors/ statements made by surf fishermen

Hybrid View

Darkskies comments in another thread reminded me of this. Today at Island Beach, there were these 2 young guys fishing for bass. They each had surf stix, about 10', fishing clams with fishfinder rigs and sinkers. Each of their rods had a VS250 on it. Why the frick do you need a VS when you are fishing for bass with clams? What's worse is that earlier in the season, out in the back bay I saw a few dudes with 8' sticks, fishing for the 24" bass that were back there, with VS reels. Clam fishing from shore for bass with VS reels, what has this world come to? Will you be swimming in the wash as you bring in and release these massive 24" schoolies?

The rod (or reel) does not make the fisherman. Too many new guys in the sport seem to think that. Hang around the old salts for a tide or two and you will see different.

yeah dude!! i cant stand the pretty boy fish dudes they look like they should be movie stars and have a makeup artist come with them when they fish in case there hair gets messed up lol. u can catch fish with a ugly stik or a stiff bridge rod u dont need 1000s dollar setups to do it!

Quote Originally Posted by wish4fish View Post
    yeah dude!! i cant stand the pretty boy fish dudes they look like they should be movie stars and have a makeup artist come with them when they fish
    I read something here once in a thread, they called them Orvis Catalog fishermen.