Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Strange but true thread: outrageous behaviors/ statements made by surf fishermen

Default Re: Strange but true thread: outrageous behaviors/ statements made by surf fishermen

Here's the latest true story between 2 guys who know each other....was related to me the other day....and the "de-friending" happened recently. I regret that I can't go into any more specifics as the guy who made the statement below is pretty well-known.....
    " If you buy from this tackle shop/vendor/associate with that fishing guy I don't like.... I will de-friend you on facebook"

As the years go by I feel less and less of an identity with the internet generation...
    When I was younger, when 2 guys didn't like each other, they punched each other in the face, had a short fistfight.....and after that, either became friends again or went their separate ways........that tells me my memories must be back from cave man times....because things are so different now...

Default Re: Strange but true thread: outrageous behaviors/ statements made by surf fishermen

^^^^^That is so childish I won't be your facebook friend lol.

"Could use a little NE wind to get this bite started out front. Fish are there but mouths are closed."

This is the same dude who can only catch a bass from a boat. His last report I posted in the meatmen thread and he hasn't caught a bass since may2.
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...w-Jersey/page3
    Yep that's the ticket, northeast wind. The SE wind last night shut the bite down and the NE isn't much better. How about you recognize the fact that maybe you just can't catch fish from the surf?

Default Re: Letting it all hang out on the beach

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    I thought about putting this one up in the fishing story of the month, but it's a little foul so I thought it might fit better here.....

As related to me by one of our members.

He was on the beach one day last week, at a particular SH beach. This beach was uncrowded, not many surf fishermen, and no bathers.

It was CLOSE to the nude beach at Gunnison, but not exactly.
    (Bet ya can guess where I'm going with this story by now)

There was an older guy, in his 50's or so. This guy was built like a beachball, with fat and fat rolls spilling down everywhere.

While we try to be sensitive to fat people here, as many in America are overweight, that doesn't mean ya have to go the beach and show the world all your fat hanging out, and wear a frikkin SPEEDO!!

Attachment 12065

So, this portly gentleman is at the beach, while our S&A member is there fishing, minding his own business.

The portly guy starts to take his clothes off. It ends up that his bathing suit of choice is a pink speedo!

Attachment 12066

To make matters worse, maybe the guy thought he was at the nude beach, maybe he was looking to make "new friends".

Whatever the deal, the guy took his speedo off till he was one mess of jolly blubber and nakedness. That would have been bad enough if he just kept to himself.

Attachment 12067

But this portly fellow was in a chatty mood and proceeded to chat up the fishermen fishing on the beach, in nothing but the skin he had on when he entered this world.

As he was describing the story to me, my fisherman friend's voice trailed off.....I think he was busy
    as those intensely disturbing pictures entered his head as he related them again.

Attachment 12068

Attachment 12069

My friend left soon after that for another part of the Hook. He reported it to a ranger, who said next time it happened he would come and arrest the guy.

What a way to cap off a morning of fishing.

I read this post and had tears in my eyes! Didn't know the gays could be so forward up there. fishinmission and monty liked your answers too!

Quote Originally Posted by speedy View Post
    a guy walks on the rocks this morning full gear the water had a lot of bait the guy puts on a weighted trouble big hooks the guy let it rip he got out there going to cast 2nd time he whips the rod hard and i hear a screem like a woman. Come to find out the guy hooked him self in the a-- At that time i pissed my pants
    i was fishing 6 feet from him i said dude you ok i didnot know he hooked him self at the time the hook came out he didnot get the barb thank god the e.r. Would love that one
    lol!

May 24 report from B&N. Sorry guy but I have never had bass so thick they were running into my line unless it was a blitz, or montauk. The day of this report the seas were 5 feet and the wind was 25mph steady. Odds are the bunker were there and the guy was tapping bunker thought they were bass. Genius!

"on our Facebok site reports, "As your first customer today this early bird got the worm and a lot more. Already got 11 bass including this keeper and 3 blues on plugs at first light. Bass were so thick I could feel my plug running into them and foul hooked 3 of them. Awesome fishing so far today."

"Now we all need is a good E to push bait and fish within casting range from the beach."

The know it alls of the internet. This was from a report today. The poster claims to be the oracle of surf fishing, so stuck up. Fish are in the surf but he was on a boat? This just galls me if he was fishing the surf he would know sandeels have been washing up on the beach every morning for weeks. The only way to know that is get out there. I love the internet it makes some of these folks seem like they actually know something. The fish are already there.

^^I read that report. That dude thinks he is the epitome of surfcasters. He knows everything and every time he goes out to fish the surf he gets a 20# fish or better. According to his reports he has never gotten skunked in his life. No one is that good. I remember the year before last he was sarcastically claiming how he got tangled up with a googan at the hook and made fun of the kid for wearing shorts in sept when all the other surf dudes were wearing the waders. That kid he made fun of was a friend of my neighbors son. He marched right back on the internet and took a shot at the old dude. He backed down and then he stopped the sarcastic commments. As far as I am concerned he is a sarcastic prik. Internet know it all is right. No one catches fish all the time out there, and every report this dude posts he is bailing them. Not even finchaser or the old timers referred to here could be that good.

Sorry for the rambling I hate sarcastic priks like that and he should be glad I wasn't there when he dissed my neighbor's son like that.
    Yes the sandeels are all over I have been seeing them too but not much fish on them.

There is a guy right now on cam fishing the north pocket of the manasquan inlet. looks like he is shirtless or just wearing a short sleeve and shorts with a baseball cap on. bare feet. you surf guys are totally nuts!
    http://www.surfchex.com/manasquan-web-cam.php

Haha he must have got blue balls or rethought his fishing plan and left. Just checked the camera and there is no one there in shorts now. bababooey last year around this time I saw some guy get in the water and go swimming for 5 minutes. He was probably a member of the polar bear club.

elitist of the week- what a POS the person who said this is. Is the bucket brigade the only ones who litter? Have seen many other types littering during the spring blitzes.

"the 5 gallon 8 rod brigade ,who in my opinion are the main reason we lose access to once great fishing spots .Catch & release ? Fuggetaboutit!!!!! They cater to these people.Unfortunately they are the only show in town. the fact remains they detract from the whole expierence.Assorted trash ,unwanted bait and unsocial behavior is the norm in my expierence"

Quote Originally Posted by hookset View Post
    elitist of the week- what a POS the person who said this is. Is the bucket brigade the only ones who litter? Have seen many other types littering during the spring blitzes.

". the fact remains they detract from the whole expierence.Assorted trash ,unwanted bait and unsocial behavior is the norm in my expierence"
    So ironic. The guy that comes across as being holier than the bucket brigade he is putting down can't even spell the word experience. He mis-spells it twice!

How about rod angle. Does this qualify?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic 665902-2.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	27.0 KB 
ID:	18699

Love that rod lean, VS. Bet the guy was a PA meat fisherman.

Just read this on the net. Idiot of the year-
    "I just hope the storm replaces the small stripers I keep catching most nights with some decent sized ones."

Yes Junior in internet land anything is possible.
    Here's how it works -
    During the storm, the surf fishing fairies fly all around surf land, especially where you like to fish.
    They sprinkle magical fairy dust all over the ocean, thousands of tons of it.
    In that fairy dust is a super growth hormone - any striper that is within 1/2mile of a crystal of fairy dust is magically transformed in size.
    The 24" bass turn into 24 pounders.
    30 inch turn into 30 pounders. And so on.
    Pretty soon the ocean then becomes so filled with stripers that everyone is catching them, even the dillys that are complaining about catching small bass.
    Then, in the morning, when you go to the WaWa to get your coffee after a night of fishing, you look at the newspaper and see it is October 17, 1990, when the striped bass were fully recovered.
    How the frick do you think we will get more stripers? Do they come from heaven made by Keebler elves?
    SMH at some of the stupidity out there. Pay attention dudes half the bass are gone. Open your eyes instead of focusing on the Iphone 24/7 and you might see that.

hahahahahahah!
    Damn jig you nailed it! Whining little sissies! Oh should I fish after the storm? Oh please tell me the water color does it have a churlish hue?
    Oh could someone please go down to the water and put their finger in it and tell me the temperature? Can someone cast a line in the water for me and tell me if any stripers are there? These wannabees are the new generation. It's like "I want to become a striped bass sharpie. Is there an app for that?" lol

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    "I want to become a striped bass sharpie. Is there an app for that?" lol

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    Just read this on the net. Idiot of the year-
    "I just hope the storm replaces the small stripers I keep catching most nights with some decent sized ones."

Yes Junior in internet land anything is possible.
    Here's how it works -
    During the storm, the surf fishing fairies fly all around surf land, especially where you like to fish.
    They sprinkle magical fairy dust all over the ocean, thousands of tons of it.
    In that fairy dust is a super growth hormone - any striper that is within 1/2mile of a crystal of fairy dust is magically transformed in size.
    The 24" bass turn into 24 pounders.
    30 inch turn into 30 pounders. And so on.
    Pretty soon the ocean then becomes so filled with stripers that everyone is catching them, even the dillys that are complaining about catching small bass.
    Then, in the morning, when you go to the WaWa to get your coffee after a night of fishing, you look at the newspaper and see it is October 17, 1990, when the striped bass were fully recovered.
    How the frick do you think we will get more stripers? Do they come from heaven made by Keebler elves?
    SMH at some of the stupidity out there. Pay attention dudes half the bass are gone. Open your eyes instead of focusing on the Iphone 24/7 and you might see that.

Awesome!!
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

^^^^ Love it! Keep em coming. Up next, the handbook for the striper report chaser lol.

JF that is so like the typical striper fishermen you meet today on the beach. Anyone 22 and under. Spot on and funny too.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast