Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Strange but true thread: outrageous behaviors/ statements made by surf fishermen

I'll take NE 20-30 mph in my face any day and night...

Tons of fish should be blown into our area.

Another newbie know it all. The northeeast storms ruins any pattern of good fishing that develops. whats sad is the guy who said this casted over my line repeatedly in the Spring after I warned him not to. This was during that 10 day period when we had a shot at big fish in MoCo. He never fishes alone - usually with a posse of surfcasters who all dress identlcally alike. Then every post he makes you would think he is the oracle of surfcasting. He might have been surfcasting for about 5 years now. Unbelievable.

I guess everyone needs there 15 minutes of fame on the internet.

"Theres no such thing as luck with blues. If they are in the area u are fishing they will eat anything."

idiot of the week.
    This is a heads up to the fishermen that the blues are now here in full force in rb. So far they are hitting clams and bunker. Have only seen one person catch them on a lure so far and lots of guys trying. So obviously they will not eat anything. You can't fix stupid.

I have a lot of stories from the last 6 weeks of fishing... Not much time lately.
    These are just two teasers, I'll post the details when I get a moment....
    1. The guy I met at an undisclosed Inlet, who claims he fishes three times a day, has caught tons of bass this year, "in the hundreds", and also has (4) 50 pound bass to his name "so far this year".

2. The rich kid I met recently, driving his mother's brand new car, noticed at 1 a.m. in the morning was out there using A7 foot trout rod with a rubber eel on it.
    He was adamant that he was catching fluke every night, even though the season is not open.
    That's believable this time of year, but he said he was getting them "to 36 inches".

Truth is stranger than fiction, folks.

"Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." -Henry David Thoreau.

That #1 above.
    was his name Johnny bucktails? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    I have a lot of stories from the last 6 weeks of fishing... Not much time lately.
    These are just two teasers, I'll post the details when I get a moment....
    1. The guy I met at an undisclosed Inlet, who claims he fishes three times a day, has caught tons of bass this year, "in the hundreds", and also has (4) 50 pound bass to his name "so far this year".

2. The rich kid I met recently, driving his mother's brand new car, noticed at 1 a.m. in the morning was out there using A7 foot trout rod with a rubber eel on it.
    He was adamant that he was catching fluke every night, even though the season is not open.
    That's believable this time of year, but he said he was getting them "to 36 inches".

The night produces strange people including YOU

Don't forget I have waders for you

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post

Prob coke or meth addict.

Quote Originally Posted by ledhead36 View Post
    "Theres no such thing as luck with blues. If they are in the area u are fishing they will eat anything."

idiot of the week.
    This is a heads up to the fishermen that the blues are now here in full force in rb. So far they are hitting clams and bunker. Have only seen one person catch them on a lure so far and lots of guys trying. So obviously they will not eat anything. You can't fix stupid.
    that is very true,I have seen when they would not hit anything on top but,will slam a swimmer subsurface,then I have seen when they would not chase a surface plug but will slam a swimmer on top slow.
    I believe water temp has something to do with it.
    early in the season they normally behave like that if the water is below 55-57f.
    at any rate,I know they will not eat "anything".
    Takes a Big Man to sling Big Wood,,,,boys sling plastic,,,,,,,

So glad to see you guys paying attention.....it's sad when a large % of fishermen claim "bluefish will hit anything".
    Roddy, I have had many nights when the only way to catch them was to **** them off....aggressively working a popper to bring them into striking range....

I have documented this temperature change in (spring) bluefish behavior.....(for hitting plugs and topwater artificials at night)..... as happening at around 60 degrees......when it's below that, mid to low 50's. I have seen the topwater artificial bite turn off like a light switch...This is just my experience, yours may be different.
    More about the bluefish migration here:
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...fish-Migration

Have also sometimes done better with bucktails, metal and rubber...catching bluefish at the lower temps. Early season, I have found bluefish to be very picky, most notably at night......when they are not aggressively feeding on something.....I'm glad to see you noticed it as well.

"Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." -Henry David Thoreau.

"Usually the magic number for bass to go after lures in the spring is 60 degrees water temperature."

Read this on the net the other day. Gee, I have been catching stripers on lures and rubber at night as long as the temp is 45 and above. If this guy is waiting for 60 degrees he is missing out. Idiots abound.

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    "Usually the magic number for bass to go after lures in the spring is 60 degrees water temperature."

Read this on the net the other day.
    That's the first clue to the info. Internet professors are everywhere. Some of them dont even fish!

x2!

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    That's the first clue to the info. Internet professors are everywhere. Some of them dont even fish!
    lmao. The net makes everyone a striper expert!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567