Thread: Give the fly guys some room!

Default Give the fly guys some room!

As I was fishin today, I noticed a fly fisherman on the outer bar. The beach was relatively empty, fish were running all up and down.

Yet 3 guys thought it was ok to mug him. By that I mean they walked up to where he was, surrounded him on both sides, and started casting within 10 feet of him. He eventually moved to another spot because they boxed him in.

I'm putting this up here with the hope that maybe these fishermen weren't aware. (If they were, that's too bad, there are idiots everywhere. ) I think that a lot of people aren't aware that fly fishermen need extra room to present, for the backcast and rollcast.

They deserve this simple courtesy, especially if they're already fishing when you walk on. I always let a fly guy know when I'm walking by, and try not to get in the way of his presentation. IMO it's just good manners and sportsmanship.

If I feel I ned to fish close where he is, because there is bait stacked up, I might ask "Hey I'd like to fish here too, how much room do ya think ya need?"

A little courtesy goes a long way guys. I shot this video of 2 random fly guys down the beach as they worked their presentations. Maybe if some anglers are not aware and see this, they might b a little more respectful.

All thoughtful comments welcome, feel free to discuss. Thanks guys.

I don't have any problem with reminding people to watch walking through my backcast; good advice if you don't want a free piercing. I'm not sure that people understand the amount of line that may be out. I'd hate someone to trust my casting, as I am sometimes disappointed myself.....

Default Instagram Likes Free

Free Instagram Tools: Free Instagram Followers