Thread: NJ party boat fishing reports

Default NJ party boat fishing reports

Feel free to post any NJ party boat reports here, either a trip that you went on or a report that was posted by a Captain.

We also have a specific thread for Bottom fishing reports in the Bottom fishing forum:

NJ
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ead.php?t=2375
    NY
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ead.php?t=2376

(I could use some help here with this thread guys, I can't do it all....Thanks! )

Default Gambler 12-5-09

Sent in by Fin:

Gambler 12/5
    Went on the Gambler today because the **** robin didnt go out.Fishing and
    weather were bad. 3 bass and 3 blues on the boat. i took the pool with
    a 31 inch bass. i also got a nice blue. You had to work for em 110%. this was my first time on the Gambler. great boat. the only mate on board was great
    and the galley chef Tara made some great hot dogs. ava 67 with a green
    tail and slow retrieve was the ticket for me.

Angler 12/5/09

Party Boat Angler Update

We did not make it out this weekend but Captain Dan will be sailing tonight and it will be our last night bass trip of the year. He did have a few keeper bass last trip. We will not sail on Monday. but it is looking like a good day on Tuesday. We hope to see you then. Thanks Captain George

Voyager today ran from Manasquan all the way to the Hook there was 1 keeper caught very slow day

Voyager Stripers Tuesday
    Had the Voyager out today with some very good fishermen and friends! We caught a total for 50 Stripers. We had one keeper that was 31 inches, several were 27 to 27 and a half. Bruce Rosneck had the pool winning 12lber. Jack, Jeff and Bruce along with their party had a total of 20 Stripers. Eric had 5 Stripers and two big Bluefish. Other fares had anywhere from one Striper to 5. There was a load of bait and very good readings! We will be sailing again on Friday weather permitting. Tomorrow is a washout!

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Default Fat lady singing

He saw the fat lady and it wasn't pretty.

Sent by OGB:

Capt.Ron/It's Official, the song has sung!!
    "We were at least hoping for a glimmer of light this week to try and give it a couple more shots at the Bass.
    With the weather the way it's been and now a new storm coming for Thursday, for us the Fat lady has sung.
    Read the report from the Gambler yesterday, and although you can't go by one day, it's pretty obvious we'd be beating a dead horse.
    Congradulations to Eric Jensen "Mortgage Man" for winning this Falls, Big Bass Pool.....

Thanks to all for fishing with us in 2009. Hope you have a Healthy and Happy New Year and that we see you in the Spring....
    Taking the Bride on a Cruise in Feb for our 26th wedding anniversary, then it's off to Washington on the 24th.
    Hope many of you will join us all, in the fight of our lives!!!"
    Capt.Ron

Default Gambler's last 2009 report

Sent by Fin:

Gambler --last striper trip
    Our last striper trip on Weds was a bust.

We covered a lot of water but I saw very little that indicated bass. Very scarce on bait readings too. It's true, that fat ***** belted out her last song.

Thank you to the fishermen that sailed with us on Weds and thank you to all that fished with us in 2009.

I'm looking forward to our trips this January. I certainly wish we could do our offshore sea bass trips. It's totally wrong what fisheries managers are doing to us fishermen... stocks rebuilt and we're not allowed to fish for them.

However, I'm excited about the schedule that we will be running. Check out the open boat page for the full skinny.

God bless all of us with a good New Year

Capt Bob

Party boat report on a seabass trip. Sent in by Fin:

12/31/08
    New Years Eve Offshore Seabass Limits
    One of my favorite things to do over the winter is to go out with many of our sponsor boats and hit the offshore seabass grounds. Do to the current regulations that has not been an option for us. Luckily there are 2 boats out of NY that have the proper permit and have bought the poundage to target these fish during the closed season for 2009.

With the favorable conditions, wrecks that have had little pressure if any and the last day of their permit being valid. I headead out in the early AM with high expectations. We left the dock around 1:00AM and headed to our first wreck which was about 60 miles out. We got to the fishing grounds around 6:00 am and waited for first light to drown our clams. From the time the whistle blew we had non stop action with nice size seabass, porgies and small blues.

Conditions were as perfect as you could ask for Dec 31. 1- 3 ft seas, enough wind to keep us nice and tight on the anchors with no swing and surprisingly very little tide even though we were fishing on the new moon. I was using a 12 ounce sinker and 8 oz jig on seperate setup which was more than enough top hold bottom in about 150 - 180 ft of water. We ended up pulling anchor around 10:00 am with everyone catching their limit and headed for the barn.

I was hoping they would then hit a wreck further inshore on the way home for cod and pollack which captain mentioned before we sailed out, but with the regulations they must follow of having to weigh everyones fish once they got back to the dock and then filleting most peoples catches they still had several hours of work ahead of them even though we got back to the dock several hours ahead of schedule. I ended the day with my limit of seabas, 8 nice size porgies and 3 small blues. My seabass weight came it at 72 lbs. which was close to a 3 lb average. Not a bad way to end the year.