Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clothes for keeping warm

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Tried it loved it bought a back up been after 3 seasons still have the second one in the package
    Thanks very much for the response. I will order them and check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    I wonder if I could ask you and any of the other guys who fish a lot in the cold if it matters what layer goes first. Some have said synthetic vs cotton because the synthetics wick the moisture away.
    How about fleece vs flannel as the outer layer. Any opinions? Thanks.
    It was damn cold last night and I'm just looking for a way to stay out a little longer.
    Base layer should be a material that wicks water away from your body so when you sweat it doesn't linger on your skin that's the main reason you get cold a good blend of merino wool and other materials work well I have Paradox mid weight baselayer top and bottom(Costco) after that I prefer a thin thermal top and a hoodie or dry top, a good wool hat keeps the heat in I never had a chance to road test my Storm R top this fall to stay dry. Merino wool/blend socks and I just wear jeans over the paradox bottoms and my breathable waders.Gloves as far as I'm concerned all suck but better to have something if you really need it,tried Glacier,Aqua Skinz,now I have the Storm R but they will probably not be much better then any of the others could be me I hate gloves period.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12