Thread: Charters

Default Charters

Have you ever taken a charter where no one caught anything?

They say bluefish are so easy to catch you just have to throw something in front of them. That may be so, but not when they are spawning. I have been on bluefish trips where the whole boat was skunked. On those trips the Captain, if he wants to keep goodwill, usually passes out coupons for $5 to $10 off the next trip with them.
    On offshore seabass trips, which you won't be able to go on now because of the closure, if the trip was bad we would sometimes get a coupon for $15 or $20 off the next trip if it was mostly filled with dogfish and a poor bite.
    There are no guarantees in fishing, and the Captain has to pay for fuel and his crew, insurance, etc. A token coupon goes a long way toward keeping your clients. I have remained loyal to the Captains who have done that.

Quote Originally Posted by captnemo View Post
    There are no guarantees in fishing, and the Captain has to pay for fuel and his crew, insurance, etc. A token coupon goes a long way toward keeping your clients. I have remained loyal to the Captains who have done that.

Absolutely true.