Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
I looked at those pics again, Monty, just wanted to thank you for sharing them with us, those sunrises are awesome...

I wanted to touch on that a bit....
Even though I'm not a "sunrise" type of guy (Monty has the monopoly when it comes to sunrise pics...) .....

There is a world of beauty out there at night...
Last night the sky was so clear I could see all the constellations...

A week or so ago, there was an awesome meteor shower...
With less people fishing, I have seen some incredible showings of wildlife......

The saddest was watching a mother deer hang out by the side of the road, about 2 months ago...her fawn had been hit by a car...it must have just happened....and she was kind of hanging out, like a vigil or something...I think she knew it was dead but didn't want to leave it.....

I spooked her,,,she ran into the bushes while I got out and brought her dead offspring to the side of the road so more cars wouldn't hit it....and she watched me from a distance as I did this....

I know this is part of life, things happen, we all move on....
But my point here, is that there is a whole world of things you see as night fisherman, that many folks never get to see,,,,

I may get bored by catching schoolies, but am never bored marveling at the beauty of God and his creations, all around us....and this is a theater I get to see each night.
At times I feel I am in the audience, other times on the very stage of all that is happening.....

I know many guys just focus on the fish caught...
I do as well...usually not happy unless I can at least scare up some action or cause some kind of fish to take a swipe at what I'm throwing....

But the point here....
Is that the world out there,,,,,at night.....is more intense, for me, than much of the world in the daytime.,...and I enjoy every second of it....

I'm also amazed at fishermen who are not willing to fight for that...for me, I would fight for eternity to preserve those kinds of experiences I have out there....and the places I am able to fish....and the fish that I love to fish for......

Food for thought......