Thread: circuit breaker

Default circuit breaker

My circuit braker keeps tripping. Mainly this happens when I use my washer in the basement with the dishwasher or any outlet at the end of my kitchen. It has been happening for about a month. I am going to call an electrician but does anyone have any idea as to why this is happening all of a sudden?

The washer pulls somewhere near 10 amps maybe more. The dishwasher i'm not sure, but it sould be around 10 amps also. I believe with both appliances on you would pop the breaker.

I know you said it started happening in the last month. It could be as simple as a new device was added to the same circuit. or even the washer getting older and need more current to start the motor. Get electrician be safe.

Thank you vpass.

Whats up bait it sounds like maybe the connection could be loose also. Definitely get someone to look at it. What happens is over time the connections get loose and they won't necessarily trip right away but as the load gets going the connections get hot and can create loss on the circuit driving the ampacity up. Definitely have it looked at by an electrician. I am one, and bad connections create heat and heat creates fire.

It could just be a bad breaker too but my money is on the loose connection.