Thread: Classic

Default Classic

Hey Rich sorry for the link to another site but I thought this is a classic.

I'm not sure why the spammer chose this particular thread but I'm hoping that he/she comes back.

http://www.nchuntnfish.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24

Does a bear **** in the woods? Funny, I guess he does. I liked that, thanks.

I thought they used rabbit fur to wipe, though.

I'm still curious as to why the guy who was spamming for that crossbow company in post #4 would pick a bear thread in an obscure hunting forum to post in.

Pretty funny non-command of the english language, though.

Funny

A crossbow as protection? Yeah, I keep one loaded and under my pillow. Just in case, you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by jonthepain View Post
    I'm still curious as to why the guy who was spamming for that crossbow company in post #4 would pick a bear thread in an obscure hunting forum to post in.

Pretty funny non-command of the english language, though.
    I have been plagued with spammers since I took over Jon. The new thing is they try to put stories in with their spam, and use a shotgun approach to target everyone who could be remotely interested.

We get them here where they make an introductory post but the words sound like they came from a computer. Their lack of understanding of English is what gives them away.

I banned this one spammer a few months ago but left his post up minus the URL reference he wanted. His rant was so funny it made me laugh, so I kept it. Makes for good entertainment in the winter. And if you could get your spammer to come back, it would be great.

Just for kicks, someone on your site should send him an e-mail asking him to return and answer questions about the crossbow. If he does, it could be worth the popcorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankiesurf View Post
    A crossbow as protection? Yeah, I keep one loaded and under my pillow. Just in case, you never know.
    Travis Bickle would be proud.
    Last edited by DarkSkies; 01-13-2010 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Removed offending reference

Default www.nchuntnfish.com

BTW, let me put in a plug for the site where Jon is a member, www.nchuntandfish.com

If you're a hunter in that area, it's a pretty cool site, and is a lot more comprehensive than the stuff we have so far in our hunting forum. I would encourage any guys who have an interest in hunting or fishing North Carolina to take a look over there.

I believe I'm registered on that site, or the NCPHA one. There's a lot of hunting experience over there, and because Jon is involved, I know it has to be a good group.

If ya got any critters (coyotes, etc) that ya wanna get rid of, Jon is your man! He'll give ya great advice, and might even be coaxed into a road trip to get your property rid of critters, for a small fee.

I think he's just waiting for me to come up with a creative name for the "business" before he takes it on the road.

Critter Be gone?
    Critter Crushers?
    Coyote Steaks, LLC?
    Critter Relocators... we remove your problem from the face of the Earth!

These just came off the top of my head, Jon, like any of em so far?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieTuna View Post
    I thought they used rabbit fur to wipe, though.
    You never know the freakiness that goes on out there in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    for a small fee.
    Never a fee.

Thanks Rich for the kind words about the sites. Anybody interested in hunting, especially NC residents, stop on by!

jon

Thumbs down Asian

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    I have been plagued with spammers since I took over Jon. The new thing is they try to put stories in with their spam, and use a shotgun approach to target everyone who could be remotely interested.

We get them here where they make an introductory post but the words sound like they came from a computer. Their lack of understanding of English is what gives them away.

I banned this one spammer a few months ago but left his post up minus the URL reference he wanted. His rant was so funny it made me laugh, so I kept it. Makes for good entertainment in the winter. And if you could get your spammer to come back, it would be great.

Just for kicks, someone on your site should send him an e-mail asking him to return and answer questions about the crossbow. If he does, it could be worth the popcorn.

Travis Bickle would be proud.
    I was sorry after letting my wife read this. Knowing it is impossible to tell, what the race is of someone. This will be my last post.
    Last edited by DarkSkies; 01-13-2010 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Removed offending reference
    I only fish on days that end in Y
    Richie

Sorry you feel that way.

Like it or not, most spammers are based in Asian countries. It has nothing to do with race; it has to do with the lack of regulations against spamming in those countries.

I would argue that you are the one that jumped to the conclusion that it was about race. I know Dark, he is no racist, and that certainly wasn't his intent in the post you quoted. The intent was to point out location, not race.

Tropics, I'm sorry too. My deepest apologies if your wife was offended in any way. Please offer my sincerest regret to her that anything I said or implied offended her in any way. That's not what I'm about here.

Someone feeling offended about a general comment I said along those lines is something I take seriously, and I accept full responsibility for my comment. I have removed that comment so as not to offend anyone else.

A little background info. I originally didn't go into too much detail when I made that general comment because sometimes I feel I over-explain things ad nauseum. Too many of my posts end up being 1/2 page or more. I don't feel it's fair to subject people to all those words at times, so I have been trying for brevity.

Since your wife was offended, I guess sometimes that doesn't work.

One thing you might not know about Jonthepain is that he is a trusted administrator on a few hunting sites. He chose to comment on that spammer in public, and I in turn made a general comment, which in retrospect was inappropriate.

Now that I have apologized, I wanted to direct you to the original post where a spammer wanted to spam that hunting discussion for no legitimate reason other than to hawk some junk they wanted to sell. I see it's been deleted, so I can't show it to you.

You might not know this, but when you administer a web site, you get bombarded with spam from certain areas. Statistically, about 70% of our spammers come from Asia. Approx another 20% come from the Soviet countries and Eastern Europe.

Those are the numbers, Richie, and it is what it is.

I get more spanners from Asia than anywhere else. Although it could have been from another country, I read that post by the orginal spammer. Based on my experience with hundreds of spammers and their schemes, I made a general comment that it probably came from Asia.

I don't view that as racist. I view it as the particular experience of a website owner, and enforced by the spammers I come across on a daily basis.

There are many talented Asian people in this country. Some of our country's top scientists, engineers, professors, and business people are Asian.

Further, when people talk about poaching, race is one of the first things to enter some discussions. I will always tell you for any person from another country you see poaching, I can find you 2 white guys, "good ole boys", who have been poaching for years and getting away with it.

Those who know me know I hang and fish with people from all races and cultures. If you fish all the places I do, you have to learn to get along with all people. So again I am sorry if things were taken the wrong way.

I also sent you an e-mail. I regret that I didn't get a chance to meet ya in person yet Richie. Perhaps someday you will. I ask you to withhold judgement of me until you meet me in person.

Until then,
    tight lines.

Isn't Russia in Asia, or most of it?

I own three forums, and moderate several more. I can tell you that close to 100% of our spam comes from Asia.

If anybody thinks that stating that fact is racist, so be it.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jonthepain View Post
    Isn't Russia in Asia, or most of it?

I own three forums, and moderate several more. I can tell you that close to 100% of our spam comes from Asia.

If anybody thinks that stating that fact is racist, so be it.
    I believe every thing is okay now,not every one can check IPs to see were they came from.

As to Russia.

Geographically, the West of Russia is in Europe but the East is in Asia.
    However, Russia is classified as a European nation because:
    • It was established in Europe (before it expanded into Asia)
    • Its culture is Eastern European
    • Its history is closer to Europe's than Asia's (for example, it has had more interactions with other European countries, rather than Asian countries)
    • Russian people are Caucasian, generally speaking, and NOT "Asiatic", in racial background.

72% of Russia's population live in the European part.

Be safe have fun.
    I only fish on days that end in Y
    Richie